Jambands.ca

Looking for guitar teacher in Ottawa

Rob Not Bob

How do, I am one of the more useless things in the musical spectrum, an unemployed singer. Recently I got for myself an acoustic guitar, so that I could at least learn to accompany myself. I'd like to find someone to teach me, but I don't have a huge amount of money to spare. My acoustic interests include the Dead, Paul Weller, Matthew Sweet, Ben Harper, Red House Painters, Wilco, Jayhawks, Lou Barlow, Strawbs, Nick Cave, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Tim and Jeff Buckley, Paul Rodgers, etc. etc. etc. [smile] If anyone in Ottawa can help me out, please e-mail me privately at rainmakerrtv@hotmail.com .... thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

RTHV

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

How much do you already know about the gee-tar?

Ummm, well I know how to hold it ... and a pick [Wink] I had a few sort of lessons about a decade ago, but didn't do much of it since ... I never really got enough lessons to learn to play music I really wanted to play. I've gotten to do one off song performances of acapella versions of songs I've loved (Gene Clark, Emmylou Harris) but my voice is kind of out of shape. My wife is teaching me a few chords, and I have some years of theory from way back in my piano lesson/high school music days that I'm am trying to shake the rust off [smile]

Cheers,

RTHV

Archived