Jambands.ca

Blue Quarter worth checking out??

headygouda

Hey all,

I'm jonesing for some good live music in TO this weekend and noticed Blue Quarter is playing at the rivoli. Anybody heard these guys before, what do they sound like? Worth checking out? Are they taper friendly - worth taping?? Anybody know how much cover will be??

Lookin for some opinions...

Definitely go, and they're taper-friendly, and very much worth taping. There are some MP3s of a recent show here. (Note: You have to be a logged-in user of the JamHub to get at the downloads.)

I'm envious: they haven't done a gig here in Ottawa for a while now. [Confused]

(And if you go, don't forget to come back and post a review.)

Aloha,

Brad

They ripped it up at Pepper Jacks last night.If you haven't ever seen a chapman stick played before..your in for a big treat...its freakin insane!!!

I loved it...got me a movin and a groovin'!

You can also d/l a few live tunes from their website..heres the RIGHT link to it.

Blue Quarter

They will be playing with Drums and Tuba on Tuesday March 11 at Pepper Jacks also.

The Pepper Jack Cafe

38 King William st Hamilton

(905)525-6666

Give'r

Note: Not refering to your link bradm [Wink]

I would NEVER miss a Blue Quarter show in my town. Absolutely a phenomenal band. They make me dance almost as hard as nero does. The trip people out with a tight rhythm section behind the crazy chapman stick. The chapman stick is part guitar, part keyboard and has just such a cool sound. It's a spectacle too.

Tight, trippy band. You'll love 'em. GO!!!!

I've seen these guys a bunch of times in Calgary and they make me dance my ass off everytime I see them. That Chapman stick is the craziest instrument I've ever seen and that dude sure knows how to plat it... I encourage anyone who hasn't seen them to go out of their way to see them.

peaceinjam.jamesd.

Don't miss that extravaganza known as the Chapman Stick!

When you're able to take your mind away from how amazing the music and jams is, you'll then be amazed to start realizing the amount of grooves and sounds that is actually coming out of that Stick.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Blue Quarter, but unfortunately Ottawa isn't a stop this time 'round.

quote:

Originally posted by headygouda:

Hey all,

I'm jonesing for some good live music in TO this weekend and noticed Blue Quarter is playing at the rivoli. Anybody heard these guys before, what do they sound like? Worth checking out? Are they taper friendly - worth taping?? Anybody know how much cover will be??

Lookin for some opinions...

Most definetly you should go. The chapman stick is amazing, it's like keyboards and guitar on one stringed instrument. They have a bit of an electronica sound, but don't let that discourage you, they are fantastic!

I wouldn't miss them unless I had no other choice (like last night). They are fantastic. I've seen them in Halifax, at Evolve, at Frontier, and at Whistler and with the exception of the Whistler show, they were mind bending every time. The bar in Whistler was rough sounding and they didn't have such a good night.

Archived