Jambands.ca

Sopranos theory

bouche

Interesting theory in a post from alt.tv.sopranos about Gloria (the car dealer):

"I'm convinced she's a plant. It was all too convenient. There was no one on the

other end of the cell phone when Tony walks into Melfi's waiting room. At that

moment she clearly states her name and where she works. Then Melfi's reaction

when Gloria says to her "I'm pretty sure you said Tuesday." Melfi is extremely

surprised, incredulous even, points to herself and says, "I did??" like as if

no way."

She doesn't have to necessarily be an agent either. Could be a paid hoooore. Also, it was pointed out that when Melfi was raped, the FBI got their hands on her Palm Pilot with her appointment book in it. So now, the idea is that the attack was set up by the FBI, but the attacker was bad enough to do what he did on his own. Now they have her appointments, and send in a plant at the same time as Tony.

Makes you think a little.

I feel that they have WAAAY too much on the go. I feel like something really cool is going to happen in the next episode, considering they left me hanging with something a sortof cliff hanger(example: Melfi's near confession to Tony about the rape, which would've sent him on a mission).

Then they start something else crazy and new, like Meadow's little tryst with Aprile,

and I'm still waiting for something nutz to happen with her pyscho friend.

tongue.gif" border="0 first......i don't find it all that surprising that the mercedes chick lands it with tony right away......what woman wouldn't.

second.....all the sexual trysts run parallel to the conflicts that tony is having with his whole organization.

third......all the craziness that is happening leaves the viewer feeling what it's like to be in tony's head.

and fourth.....these episodes stand on their own. if they are leading to more developed plot lines bring it on. but at the same time, every new story/development is what it is. i don't want a neat little package in the end. everything doesn't need to be resolved or have a reason. interesting to think about the fbi playing a role in mercedes womans part, but the sopranos isn't the x-files!!!

Archived