Jambands.ca

nero-not one of Ottawa's top 50 bands

neroboy

Something missing obviously is the true appreciation of music. The idea that music can and should be created in front of your eyes is only understood by a smaller music community. One that is not a dominant force in the marketing of the scene at hand.

Those that create the list of popularity also assume responsibility of handing out awards of talent and creativity in which a hollow symbol of notoriety is established, and a sense of confusion then exists in the outskirts of this neighbourhood.

It's a double-edged sword that has to be recognized. If the music that we enjoy is popularized in such a way that it makes it difficult to enjoy, then what is the point? Can we not sit back and offer our respect to those that we do and know fully, that it is well deserved, and received?

I say that a scene that groups music deemed as popular, and is created in a room somewhere, passed off as original with so-called influences of Creed or Marilyn Manson only to be replaced by more grey coloured legos that can never build anything to be admired or appreciated can continue taking peoples money without ever delivering anything more than an illusion of product.

We need to support our own interests and not have to look elsewhere in other music communities for inspiration or acknowledgement. What's it take to comprise a list of top 50 bands? I'm sure it's a matter of "donations" that are accepted most humbly with the promise of a spot on a list.

We can make our own list right here and right now....well not now....but soon. smile.gif" border="0

you guys are funny. so much more enlightened than the rest of society. wink.gif" border="0

nope, i'm certainly NOT here to defend the music industry, yeesh... but can't we all just get along?

so nero submitted themselves for consideration in this contest? what did they send in? perhaps it's a packaging problem?

Archived