Jambands.ca

Live nero boots available

bouche

Hey Graham. What are you talking about? Who is we? Considering that shn's are 10 times the size of an mp3, I don't think they are a viable replacement, nor is necessary to not supply mp3's of anything.

I know I don't wanna download shn's all the time. And also take hours to download shows, and take up more discs archiving them. I don't think we are ready for the implications.

Maybe when everyone has 80 gig drives and 20X burners, and a T1 connection, and audiophile ears, that will be a good stance.

Its Andy, he has the room for it. No point in polluting the audio with mp3s anymore. Its just like the step from RealAudio to mp3's, remember that??? '95-'98.

Basically, I want to supply some premium quality copies of some of the nero shows the dudes where kind enough to give me.

I might listen to an mp3 everyonce and a while but I will no longer collect them.

That's a poor comparison. Real audio is mainly a streaming technology, so much of the audio spectrum is completely wiped out.

High quality Mp3's only wipe out the frequencies that the human ear can't hear.

Unless you're a dog, you won't notice. The only other way you'd notice would be with an incredible receiver and speakers, which will reproduce the frequencies still preserved in SHN's, and your body will 'feel' those frequencies, creating a greater experience.

I agree that it's absolutely necessary to have lossless copies available, but generally, it isn't worth the space and time involved. Less people have the capacity to download and store such large files. Mp3's will reach far greater numbers of people than SHN's right now. I think that mp3's should be hosted for that reason alone, if any.

Mike

Archived