Jambands.ca

Jamband Thursdays

greasemonkey

Seretones weren't what I expected at all, but they were great! The blend from Seretones -> Quivertwist using "Last Dance With Mary Jane" was fantastic.

I think by Seretons' last set, there were most band members in the house than audience members, but that didn't deter either band; they gave'er!

Apparently this was Seretons' first gig; I hope it's not their last.

It was also the best Quivertwist show I've seen. During their second set, they seemed a bit more relaxed and funky than I remember them being.

Aloha,

Brad

EXCELLENT show last night! QT really stepped up, I nominate Anj (sax player) for setblender All-star of the month! that was really excellent!

And the Seretones, first show, nice job, those guys have a great future!!!

And thanks again for that disk brad!!

One question about Seretones: is it "SerEtones" or "SerAtones"? When I heard the name, I assumed the latter, being a play on the word "seratonin" (an important neurochemical that helps regulate mood). (And is it just "Seretones" or is it "The Seretones"?)

Expiring minds want to know.

Aloha,

Brad

I really want to get what Brad captured on his recording machine last night up here for everyone to have a listen too.

What a great night of music. Both bands' performances were had my ears intrigued all night.

The impromptu arrival of the Serentones was such a welcome suprise. They were up for anything, and worked with Quivertwist to make a killer evening of jams.

These 2 bands together are ONE-HELLUVA force on stage, and their blends were soooo damn good.

There weren't many people out, but the energy was there. Even near the end, both bands were on stage playing in a Grand Theft Bus style semi-circle, watching each other, smiling, and listening for themes to comp or develop.

It looked and sounded like they were all having such a blast together.

I want to see this combo again.

Archived