Jambands.ca

Robbie Krieger Goes 51 Minutes Without Mentioning Jim Morrison

Harpua

LOS ANGELES--In his longest-such stretch since 1982, Doors guitarist Robbie Krieger went 51 minutes Monday without mentioning former bandmate Jim Morrison. "When Jim was around, anything could happen. Anything," Krieger told friend Bob Gale before unexpectedly detouring into a Morrison-free conversation about his car, a restaurant his cousin manages, and the recent L.A. mayoral election. The streak ended when, without prompting, Krieger said: "You know, despite his reputation, Jim was a genuinely friendly, approachable guy." Krieger then told the story of the time Morrison was arrested for indecent exposure in Miami for the 8,194th time.

well yes, that's true - robbie wrote light my fire though, so there ! that's one helluva song! that's one helluvan identity!

wink.gif" border="0 i'm just kidding, ya and rays the big band manager/promoter now etc. It just seems i see a lot more interviews with him talking about jim - i guess he's just more of a media hound?

I was also dissapointed that ray didn't seem to do much more playing after the doors, you'd think he woulda found a hundred bands who woulda loved to have him come on board.

Archived