Jambands.ca

Stories...we want some tour stories people!

Harpua

We met Michael Winslow (brother from Police Academy that makes all those voices)

I met Kang

Mike was a tour slut and was in the front row for every show (wait til you see his pics)

Alpine sold out

Deer Creek was close to capacity

Pine Knob was 2/3rds full

more to come..............

Two nights at redrocks! -thoughts of a monkey.

I like the Trey band.. highlights of the two nights included an unreal First Tube, a 30 minute plus Sand, that included amazin interplay with Trey and each member of the group individually.. Sweet singalong acoustic Bathtub gin, debut Oysterhead accoustic tune Raydon balloon, a really nice jiboo, Trey saying at the end of the second night.. "you guys are amazing, so patient.. things change, and if it's great to have it still feel good." -there was a collective sigh and 'huh' after that. New song Moesha which sounds like the theme song for a WB sitcom, (but to catchy too forget) also sounds like the soundtrack for those hangovers where the chorus of one song keep going through your head until you throw up-in as good as posible a way. Cayman Review,Windora Bug, Driftin, PUsh on til day, Free thought, Burlap Sacks-all good. The venue is something else. you all must get there someday. if any of my pics work I'll scan em and send em through. Very chill lot, nice people, cool staff. Nice scenery, high altitude=quick drunk..

Tony is fucking huge.. He sits on a stool for the whole show and his bass is mounted in front of him. I saw a guy showing Tony his t-shirt which featured the Simpsons gangster Fat Tony playing a bass, the real tony didn't look to impressed, and went back to backstage land.

Overall the shows were great, i tried keeping track for a review, but by setbreak the first night, that became an impossibilty.

Definitley a hippy crowd.. scaled down Phish show.

Hmm, got pulled over by a state trooper.

"you didn't think we knew about that phish guy, huh?

Everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves.. There were some rumours that Trey might sit in, but it never panned out wink.gif" border="0

People always over analyze stuff.. I saw on the phish.net that someone said lightening struck the venue after last tube, but it was actually just Thunder.. I also forgot about the lyrics to moesha during the encore, "..moesha be jerry, moesha be trey.." pretty funny. The crowd was as hippy as a phish crowd for sure.. less people means less hippies, but they were well represented. Its a really tight, good sounding band. It's not phish.. the jamming is different. But it's still some of the best shit I've heard in a while..

jboy

Archived