Jambands.ca

The great SCI debate

JohnnyOntheSpot

Well when it comes to SCI I think so clean i could snort Valuum out of their ass. SCI are something, they can play. But their songs make me embarrassed for both them and the fans. SCI have the best Marketing people of any "Jam" group out their, and as far as a scene goes you couldn't find one more opposed to new faces. Which is fine and the only Bands to follow now are DISCO BISCUITS and WEEN. I still can't get through a set of SCI and have been trying since being introduced to them in 97. And they butchered "This must be the Place(Naive Melody)" for that alone I write them off.

I'm interested to know how many SCI shows kung and on the spot have been to. Because your arguing with about 30 people who just got back from having a GREAT time seeing SCI and we all really believe that you guys are just trying to annoy us or have no idea what your talking about.

Yes, those SCI marketing people are all over the place, their commercials on the Tv and Mtv are so convincing.

"Theres no accounting for some people's taste" - John Popper (big SCI fan)

I disagree that ween and discobiscuits are the only bands worth following. They are both great, (mostly ween), but what about moe? mmw? new deal? Les Claypool FB? These are all raw bands that really push the envelope in their own way. String Cheese does there thing and a lot of very intelligent music lovers adore it. I'd just leave it at that.

Hey! How about that Grand theft bus?? Holy shit! good stuff.

This all is really startin to get old! We like the Grateful Dead, we like Phish, we like String Cheese, dig it or not but dont come down or shove your opinion in someone elses face just because u may or may not like it. its music, its art, its all subjective to each others tastes. Now its gettin to the point where we are mocking bands in the jamband world. I mean wouldnt it suck if all we had to go to in clubs now was Brittany Spears? aside from you Hood, No we have tonnes of bands now creating art in front of our eyes. Love it for what it is.

string cheese "is the stuff very intelligent people listen to." Wow, my point is proven. I guess but bunch of ski bums making six figures annually would attract a crowd who would make accusations like that. Stick to cheese mr intelligent music listener. i guess i'm not smart enough to "get it."

Let me tell you one think, jerry would be pissed off at all these hack "jam" bands making a name off the scene he created.

peace

The funniest part about secondtubes opinion on these matters is that he/she/it puts down SCI so badly yet votes for Widespread Panic for band of the year.

Jerry would love the scene, all the dead boys have sat in with SCI and love them. Are you just talking out of your ass or what.

I'm so interested to find out more about these guys who are dissing SCI. It sound to me like they are pretty much rookies from Canada who don't get out much. I've seen 100s of Dead/Phish/etc shows so I'm not cheesing out when I say I like SCI, and I'm proff that its not only 20 year olds who never saw Phish are the only ones who like SCI. In fact, you will probably notice that the people on SCI tour are the experienced tour heads who go to tons of shows rather than the local people who only go for a party. If/after Phish comes back I will still look forward to seeing SCI. It seems to me that most of the people posting the messages about SCI copying Phish scene have never been to a Dead show, because what's happening to SCI right now is EXACTLY what happened to Phish about 6 years ago and there was tons of people feeling the exact way about Phish as you guys do about SCI. Anybody who was into the scene back in the good 'ol Grateful Dead days would have enought experience to know this. It seems like your world begun and ended with Phish. There is so many good vibrations going on in the jamband community these days that people don't need to go to SCI just because its the only thing going on , but rather because they actually like them. I dont enjoy Widespread Panic for example, but I wont start saying a whole bunch of bad things about them. When SCI get even better in a few years and their scene grows huge please don't deny these ignorant things your guys are saying about them now. Also, have you guys listened to any SCI in the last 3-4 years, because in '97-'98 yes they did sound like a jammy bar band, but they have grown musically by leaps and bounds in the last few years and man do they rock. Again, I'm older than 20 and I've seen 100's of shows. What about you?

Hey smackfiend, when did i vote wsp for band of the year?????? check back, you poor excuse for a phish handle.

I, afterall, voted for a band probably better than most of the american so called 'big' jam bands.......as booche/gentle were so quick to point out, get your quotes right, geez!

Ooops, sorry about that bad quote secondtube.

To clear things up correctly, here is your quote:

"Let me tell you one think, jerry would be pissed off at all these hack "jam" bands making a name off the scene he created."

Your right, Jerry would HATE all these hack bands, but would love Burt Neilson Band. He was such a hateful fellow, greedy to keep his scene to himself and discouraged creativity, unlike Phil and Bob and the Phish boys who seem to love and be proud of the scene they created and hop up on stage with the hack bands every chance they get.

wink.gif" border="0

Archived