Jambands.ca

Galactic is cancelled!

Jaimoe

Just making sure you know who is on first Thumper!

Send my congrats to Al if I dont have his email.......I am going to try what I do have......

I cant believe he didnt name her Whipping Post ("I been TIEEEEEEEDDD TO THE WHIPHIN' POOOSST!")

That was a fun show..........

Dave Ball quote: Hi, we're Canadian.

Al's email address is: anish@gol.com. You were the one that repeatedly said " Hi. I'm Canadian ". Keep up the Thumper stuff and you'll know why people don't refer to me by that term anymore. I'll now be in Kingston this Sunday due to the Galactic cancellation. Did you cathc Widespread Panic on Letterman?

Apparently straight from House of Blues the show was cancelled due to lack of interest... and they wouldnt accept the walk up day of sales tickets as enough to have the show go on... i mean it would have been nice to moe it to a smaller venue or something... they only played the Zone last time they were here other than opening for Ben Harper

Not suprised that there was little interest. They have absolutely no airplay or market-ability in Toronto. Who's going to play them, Q107 or CFNY? No way. I think my friend Scott and I were the only 2 at the Harper concert who knew who Galactic were - and they kicked. Real funk/jam bands are not commercial, and I ain't talkin' 'bout those fuckin' Red Hot Chilli Peppers either.

Last time Galactic played the ACC, their lead singer was not allowed over the border. They were forced to play an insturmental set (SWEET) to open for Ben Harper. I bet this is the same issue again....... fucking border guards!! Mess with me... that's ok but leave the talent alone!!

Going to the beaches Jazz Fest anyway, but now I can make it home in time for Babylon on Sunday.

Archived