Jambands.ca

Tiny Warren Review from Jambands

Booche

This is a hilarious review of Warren's solo acoustic set from the 26th:

Galactic finished, we stopped grooving, and it started to get cold. It didn’t help that Warren Haynes’ solo acoustic set was up next, causing everyone to respectfully sit still to enjoy the music. Warren began his set with a ripping version of “It Hurts Me Too.” Growling out the vocals like a rabid dog, his fingers attacked the acoustic guitar’s frets on raunchy delta blues riffs. As soon as the song ended, my date turned to me and said, “I’m in love with Warren Haynes.”

Within seconds, I hated Warren Haynes.

I kept hoping he would start playing some wussy songs like “Tiptoe Through The Tulips” or “I’ll Tumble For Ya,” but no, Warren Haynes was intent on destroying my sex-life. He continued to deliver impassioned performances with his big burly voice and nimble hands. When he brought out Rob Barraco to accompany him on keys on soulful renditions of “To Lay Me Down” and “Soulshine,” I started to realize why my women fall for Warren; here was a man as tough and macho as can be, tearing through songs from deepest, darkest depths of his manly soul. Thankfully, Warren Haynes ended his set before I started to question my own sexuality.

Archived