Jambands.ca

Lets talk some PHISH! Page is my new hero!!!

Northern Wish

The energy and excitement they generated over the month of Dec alone gets them off the hook for many flubs of any song in my book. They may not be Phish circa 93', 95',97' (I'm a big odd year phan for some reason, bodes well for this year [smile] ) but they're back after two years off and we, the people who love when they play music, get to experience that "thing" again. It'll probably take a little bit for them to get full on back in the swing of things but who cares? I've put them in the driver seat on more than a few nights in my life, sometimes they hit a pothole, sometimes a possum, or they get pulled over for speeding or reckless driving, but they always get me there eventually, safe and sound and very happy. Can't wait for summer (west coast student with full time job, I'm not going anywhere till then) and those of you who get the pleasure of spring...well...try not to rub it in...although unbridled enthusiasm will never be counted as rubbing it in [smile][smile]

quote:

HEy, i hear trey's laying off the loops. at least thats a good thing. No dolphin calling this time around.

I first heard Phish at Oswego. At that time, Trey's loops really impressed me, and tripped me out. Since then I've investigated psycho-acoustics, and anastasia (funny how similar this word is to Trey's last name). Loops rock, and the dolphin sounds are quite effective, when used tastefully.

Now, having said that, Trey should be reminded that dolphins are mammals, not Phish! [Razz]

lurker checking in.

Loops are a cool part of live music, if they sound like dolphin calls to you, you might need to see a doctor, or look into a musical technology info course. TOO vs. Phish talk is retarded, who cares who played better NYE.. phish are back, and doing whatever they want- if you don't like it, great!! It'll be easier for me to get Tix.

it is friday isnt it. whew!

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are the best. Period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you compare Phish's NYE show with tOO's NYE show, its well, no comparison.

Why would anyone want to do that?!?

Did you read my whole post, or was there too many words for marky?

quote:

Of course, who care's who's the best. I'm sure people who were at both shows thought they were great.

See, like everyone else, i can disagree too. When sean says Phish is the best period, i just merely pointed out a small fact that contradicts to what he says. its ok marc.

i know phish'll make you happy. but by the way they sounded over the run, many of the things i mentioned in my post above (which was obviously too big for mister marcY) i hope will happen.

quote:

and just "picked up" last night.

Are you aloud to say that on here? I hope you mean a hooker! Thats ok i think. (things that make you go hmmmm....)

Anyways, marc, quit trying to attack. If you read my whole post, you'd see i was far from making it a contest. someone wants to claim phish is the best period, i merely created another point of view. a lot of phish fans are getting very testy these days...and i don't blame ya...i guess you guys are actually listening to the shows and wondering too...

Lemme try something.

quote:

Of course, who care's who's the best. I'm sure people who were at both shows thought they were great. Just my opinion, listening to both NYE shows, phish sounds quite weak in many areas. strong in others. Other bands are strong all the way around.

Now gimme they jammin quality of Big Cypress, then i'll be one happy camper. and it wont take them long to get back in stride.

By the time they hit CINCI, they WILL be rockin'. When I compare the way tOO's sounded in Alpine to the way they sounded in Albany, its like two different bands. I'm sure Phish will be the same

quote:

Of course, who care's who's the best. I'm sure people who were at both shows thought they were great. Just my opinion, listening to both NYE shows, phish sounds quite weak in many areas. strong in others. Other bands are strong all the way around.

Now gimme they jammin quality of Big Cypress, then i'll be one happy camper. and it wont take them long to get back in stride.

By the time they hit CINCI, they WILL be rockin'. When I compare the way tOO's sounded in Alpine to the way they sounded in Albany, its like two different bands. I'm sure Phish will be the same

quote:

if they sound like dolphin calls to you, you might need to see a doctor, or look into a musical technology info course.

when trey was just starting his looping, in an article he was interviewed in, he said he was interested in Dolphin and Whale sounds. he said he wanted to mimic the sounds produced in the wild. Of course, i'm still probably wrong cause i don't love everything phish does. At least not anymore.

BUT Dr. Esau, you around? I may need a prescription.

quote:

Trey on keys for antelope? I'll have to listen to that sucka again.

Oh ya. and he and page just GO OFF.

its by far my favorite Antelope, and not just for that amazing segment, but for the whole freaking song.

actually that first day third set big cypress is the single greatest set by any band i've ever witnessed.

the mikes, the evil, the CK making the lights turn into a spaceship, my gawd, just thinking about it. the first day third set, and second day midnight, those two moments are by far the greatest musical concert experiences in my short life.

Mikes Song Madness

-

Hey there booche,

i think page was probably just turned down in the mix....i've always been a huge fan of all four, and i guess some time around 97/98 i think mike got turned way up at the expense of page.

i think this whole board has been a bit negative....so i might as well join in,.....although i coudn't attend hampton's., girlfriend said posters were 50 bucks each, as they printed a 'limited number'. i say print enough posters so everyone who wants one can get one for a decent price , afterall these are not limited like tix.

their music will always rock, they will always hold a place in my head and heart.

• 5 years later...

Woah! I was pretty excited about a run that I haven't listened to since, and I don't think it has stood up that well with age. Ah well, it was great to be at ThatPlace partying for nero and have Jaybone pulling up the song by song setlist for me. Maybe I'll have to throw in that Antelope.....

Archived