Jambands.ca

Blane....shnnapster ? ?

bouche

Exactly.

By the way. We've got a big tree going on the Canadian Phish Trader's page for the Phish 8-12-98 Vernon Downs show. I'm the seeder for the tree, so if you missed signups and want to get involved, visit the message board and see if you can get in at the end of one of the branches. If you run out of luck and really want copies (KILLER SHOW WITH KILLER SOUND) drop me a line.

Hey Blane. Could we get on a chat some night and set up that sort of functionality here? I can set up a forum category just for trading. One for trees, and maybe one for privately sharing ftp addresses, etc.

I don't really know what to do about updating the tree. Does it get built, and then closed, then displayed? Does one person receive tree requests and then decides when to shut it down?

I need to do some reading.

But if you're willing, that would be a great little feature for everybody.

thanks

yeah, we could do that no problem. Basically, what you do is announce that there will be a tree for X show, and then you have anybody interested send an email to the person organizing the thing, stating whether they can burn copies of the show, how many copies, where they live, etc.

Once you have all the emails collected you organize a "Tree" putting 'leaves' (guys who can't burn but want a copy) with 'branches', so that everyone is connected. Once the structure is finished, that's it. Anyone else would have to personally contact branches and try to get them to make an extra copy or something.

Check out the tree section of the Phish trader's page and you'll see a few examples.

Blane

So then the next question would be, if someone was to start a tree, who would be willing to be the contact for trees, and put the branches on the trunk, and the leaves on the branches?

Does that sound like something you would be able to do?

I could then take the structure and put it up on the structures page that doesn't exist yet.

Yeah, I'd admin a tree if you like. I've got to get through a few things here first, but I'm transfering stuff to my hard drive all the time, so we would a good selection. I just did phil 7-22-01 (SPAC) and trey greatwoods 8-4-01 over the past couple of days. Any ideas on what you'd like to do.

Archived