Jambands.ca

The Whipping Post - Minors?

aberg83

Hey, I'm 18... born 01/21/83... I'm really getting into Nero, and I wanna check them out at the whipping post sometime. I'm wondering how strict they are there about letting minors in? Would they just put an X on my hand and let me in, or are they strict like Barrymore's? Please let me know by email at: aberg@vv.carleton.ca

Thanks everyone!

I had that same dilemma when I was 17-18. Beatlemania kept coming to Kingston and playing at Stages. I was fed up with the fact that I couldn't go see this stuff. So I took it upon myself to make some fake ID. Driver's licenses were pretty easy to fake then. Worked everytime. I don't know what to do now, but it wouldn't hurt to find someone that you know who kindof looks like you, that's of age, to get a new driver's license and give you the old one.

You can setup a change of address, if possible, on one of those self-serve license renewel machines. I think there is one at Bayshore mall. In a few weeks, your friend will have a new license and you have his (or her) old one.

It's free too.

If you can't convince said friend to move to get a new address, burn down his house and he/she'll have to smile.gif" border="0

I heard that Lance was getting rid of the place. Not sure why, but I also heard that he will be looking to open a larger club. Not sure when, or even if it is true. Too bad, as the post was the "best" place in town for new bands to start out (and continue) playing. I have an interview with Lance on video talking about the Ottawa scene, what he thinks of it, his role in it, etc... Very amateur video though.

Archived