Jambands.ca

Tips & Advice

Broccoli Girl

While I haven't successfully quit. I have attempted/come close a few times. Only to ramp up again.

The gum is useless, it tastes bad, and doesn't really stop the urges.

The patch is what I would recommend! It covers the physical craving and you can use lots of 420s to cover the psycological craving.

hey smokey!

You have to accept that when you actually quit, you will never have another cigarette ever again, as long as you live.

But to get to that point, it really depends on how much you already smoke. If you don't smoke at work, or school, or wherever, then it's got to be much easier. I smoked everywhere, for everything.

Don't let yourself only smoke when your drinking either. You have to go out and get wasted with people that don't smoke when they drink, do that for a month. You don't have to get smashed every night for a month, but when you do, do it with some different people. I actually warned all of my friends that they wouldn't see me for a month or so. I think most were happy about that smile.gif" border="0.

Realistically, if you can get by a week or 2 with out smoking, then go get loaded and not smoke a few times, you're set. Just don't ever have that "Yippeee, I QUIT" celebration smoke. Cigarettes are never a reward.

Oh, if you have a little 420 at home, during your drinking and not smoking time, when you are craving a smoke, you can just say to yourself "I'll smoke a little 420 when I get home", and that'll help alot. Especially if you get home wasted, it'll knock you on your boo-boo, and you won't have time to think of a cigarette.

Happy anti-smoking!

Thanks a bunch! smile.gif" border="0

I think your first point is the thing I have to get through my head..ie. I will never smoke again. I've done the "only when I drink" thing and, clearly, it doesn't work. I'll stick to it for a few weeks or a few months and inevitably get sucked back in to doing it all the time.

The first few days are the worst..my throat is killing me and I can't stop clearing my throat *hack*hack*

Wow, you know, smoking has so many charming characteristics that go along with it, why would I ever want to give it up? wink.gif" border="0

A picture is a worth thousand words, so they say.

There are some pictures of Andre at the brennan's cottage that would make any start smoking after they've seen them. So when he offers you something to look at, make sure you look away. Pretend it's Medusa, and you're afraid to turn into stone.

Archived