Jambands.ca

Is ebay trustworthy?

Harpua

Whats the deal with ebay. I have never ordered from them but heard alot of "success stories" of people ordering Jerry bears and actually getting them.

Can you actually trust these sellers? Is there anyway of insuring that you dont get ripped off, or is there always a chance you take?

I'm thinking about buying a used DAT machine, a PBX, Dialogic cards, some phones and a Jerry bear from there? Is it safe? Is it a good idea?

rolleyes.gif" border="0

I have made at least 500 US in purchase over the last 2 years.........I got everything I wanted........BUT, you REALLY need to know what you are buying and research whom you are buying it from. They will have a USER PROFILE or something along those lines that give you an idea of their reliability.....I have wanted to make major purchases over the years but have been a tiny afraid....I did buy a WICKED digital delay board for 100 bucks that retailed for well over 500...it was used and the body is beat up but it works like a charm.....Dogatthestation got a good little deal on a guitar and amp....

All said and done, if you find the right deal (take your time), you wont go wrong.....check the sellers rating.....

ebay has been good to me. the dealers could probably send praise emails under other names to flood themselves with praise, but they couldn't get rid of the bad ones. and you can see how many items they have sold. how many items they have listed. etc. and you can email them to ask specifics. alot of people make their living on ebay and don't want to jeopardize sales by screwing someone. i love ebay.

Question. For anyone who's purchased through Ebay....

What was your highest paid purchase, and what was it?

Mine was a real live laser for making holograms. It cost me about $80. However, I allowed it to be shipped via UPS, and that was an extra 40 bucks! UPS is a ripoff bullshit scam. They make up charges and call it a brokerage fee.

exactly, once it has to cross the border you lose the overnight guarantee and get slammed with brokerage fees. it really sucks.

i think tom paid about $100 for his electric guitar. and he got an amp too. i always buy antiques. i don't think i've paid more than $100 myself either. but i do order things often.

Archived