Jambands.ca

The thing FROM bNb

ersh

Hey all...Jeff Heisholt here.

So I was wondering when someone would mention we haven't changed our songlist since January.... among other things. Here's my thoughts.......

During the winter when we lived in Canmore we managed to bang out 6 new original tunes. This was great for us... new songs are always sure to bring new life and spirit to the band. Since then we've been playing pretty steady and honestly haven't had the opportunity to get into a situation where we can write, rehearse and work out new material. So due to the fact that our songs are getting a touch STALE to us (and we ARE getting sick of them), some nights lately have been just that - going through the motions. Writing setlists have been tough because lately it's always the same old songs we've played 400 times. Since the winter we haven't even been living in the same city as everyone else to get anything together.

So to remedy this we're taking a break this Fall and winter. We need some time apart have the time to write new songs, get new ideas out and actually rehearse (which we haven't done since February). When we return we'll have new material and we'll hopefully have all kinds of new ideas. Don't worry....we WILL be back.

We care as much about this kind of thing as the fans do and I'm actually quite suprised people haven't started getting pissed off with us. Thanks for sticking in and thanks for all the positive support. I'd write more but I'm getting dragged out the door to the TRANZAC club to see some gypsy jazz.

Thanks. tongue.gif" border="0

truly impressed.

I mean not only did he take the critisim in a good way, but he reponded without a flame. i love these guys. i think i'm lucky in the fact that i haven't seen them really that much lately. four or so shows this summer. i really like how tight they are getting, err have gotten. And cannot wait to see how this time off effects them, after all there still isn't a local band that gets my feet dancin and my heart racin like "the bnb".

peace

ps. tv or taken back are my fav new tunes.

keep em comin' jeffrey

Thanks Jeff, well put. Any questions anybody has now about direction and intention I'm sure are now put at ease.

I, personally still wouldn't see hearing tunes again out of the few times I've been to your shows as repetition. I enjoy nero's sets as well and I rarely get an opportunity to see them play either.

I'm still in familiarization mode for the most part.

Here's a great example of becoming familiar with something, which has nothing to do with anything I've been talking about. I've recently been listening to Oysterhead's new cd and there's a tune called "Shadow of a man". When I first heard it I was very confused and I shuddered at the oddness of it. Upon my second or third listening, I had become familiar and aware and found myself enjoying it more. Now the groove and strange melody is stuck in my head.

Mr. Oysterhead is coming to a town near you!

Thanks Jeff - what a classy response to all of the chatter about BNB. It must be a little "strange" to be reading all of the posts about BNB. I hope that it is clear to you and the band, through all of the other stuff that has been said, that the Canadian jam community loves you guys.

Enjoy your well-deserved break, and man is it ever gonna be wicked when you start up again! Before you and I and the rest of us know it you'll be itching to play, and we'll be itching to hear you play. Actually, I don't know if the itch ever really goes away .....

Peace, Mark

Archived