Jambands.ca

New Deal - Vancouver * belated review

weezy

Hello all, here's a quick (belated) lowdown on the New Deal show in Vancouver @ Dick's on Dick's on September 24th.

Only $12.50, damn.

This was the only Canadian date on this tour. What's up with that drummer? He's definately one sick-ass mofo. The light show was over the freakin' top! They used some of the provided lights and some of their own - It definately enhanced the beats and the buzz. The venue is probably the best venue of its size in Vancouver - nice and chill as well, allowing the green to burn freely. The crowd was full of beatiful women and the Upstream heads - heaven... They played 2 sets with a DJ slipknoting the beats so as not to have any down-time, with the drummer doing an impressive beat-box jam in the 2nd set. Overall, these guys were a 10 on the sick-o-meter. Having not seen them before, I can easily say that they lived-up to the hype and I'll be sure to check em out the next time they pass through. Coming-up soon in Van: moe., Disco Biscuits, theMasses, Oysterhead - I'll be sure to post some reviews.

L8R

Hey, thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading it. I just noticed that you said Van was the only Canuck show on the tour - and I have made a post about this before so this'll be it - but there are also two Toronto dates on this tour: Oct 19-20 @ Palais Royale. With a new album out, I'd expext some more Canadian dates in the coming months.

OK, thanks!

grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Archived