Jambands.ca

Oh MyDeski

Booche

fabulous shot - you really had to sneak? i didn't see much "security" I forgot to get you to take a picture of the ceiling - i love the ceiling there...

that last song there with the blowie keyboard was hillarious, really cool -- the way the percussionist made his tool talk back to the keyboard was excellent too.

yep, there were definitely moments of brilliance - moments of garbage - moments of greatness - the whole gambut - i had a great time.

was it sold out?

thats kinda funny, i kinda thought it was interesting that his clapping seemed a little off, yet still seemed to fit in -- i thought he might have been a drummer... meaning he didn't bother me, i thought it was interesting - i suppose it woulda bugged me if he'd continued for a long time maybe...

Ya, I heard that clapping too. I heard somebody comment on how "Its a good thing that clapping is ON", the voice sounded bitterly sarcastic. I think Billy noticed that offbeat clapping too, and started trying to drown the clapper out. Also, the two comments were stupid and will probably very annoying to listen to on Blanes tape of the show.

You mean you didn't hear that guy yell out "Play something goooooood!!"?

The dude clapping had me wondering what he/she was thinking. Could it be that the person actually thought that this is what the band wanted? Is it even possible that the performers would be enthralled by such audience participation? Maybe the person thought that if just one person started, the entire audience would soon join in, and it would be a magical clap-along that this person could have the honour of starting up.

I suppose I should have made copies of the "how to enjoy a concert" pamphlet that hood found. It has the general rules and guidelines for audience members of a concert.

"Clapping - Wait to clap until the whole piece is over. Most musicians prefer that you not clap in between movements as it can interrupt the mood and flow of the piece of music as a whole."

If you are unsure of whether or not clapping is appropriate, follow the lead of the experienced audience members around you. Also note that a slight pause after the end of a composition is sometimes granted by the audience before applause begins, which is basically a way of savoring the “magic” of the music before breaking the spell with clapping.

hmm, maybe this guy was "experienced"...

heck, MMW did cover a Jimi Hendrix song so you never know...........

"Have you ever really been experienced? Well, I have.........." - J Hendrix

The clapper definitely deserved a good clap along the backside of his head.

The other comment was "Amazing". Its just a stupid thing to say after an amazing jam when you know the entire room is going to hear you. There was a lower volumen "Terrific" yell later on from the right.

I didn't hear that, but I can imagine that if someone just simply said amazing, it wouldn't bother me. But if they yelled it in that drunken "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" style, then it would.

It seems like we need to go to more performances at the NAC. I'm sure that could have been considered a well behaved night. Can you imagine the riff-raff that will be there for Burt Bacharach?

What about the tripped out hippies who were sitting at the front and every time they would get up to go somewhere they would bougie down as they walked. Later, after the show, they seemed extremely tripped and I saw them search out a tree for sanctuary.

I wonder if there was any American tourheads who came up for the show.

They were from North Carolina, and were on a camping trip that is suppposed to last through to christmas. They really stunk. I checked my own pits a couple of times as the smell lingered.

The girl was saying how beautiful it was, and then started BALLING her eyes out. First, a couple of sniffles, then WAAAHHHH!!!! She was really screwed up on something.

She took her shoes off and through them on the floor. At the end, I went up to her to tell her that her shoes were up at the front. The trippy dude with her said "Hey, don't do that man".

I repeated myself about the shoes and went on.

i think that's kindof terrible - like no, you dont' need to yell out for attention or whatnot, but i for one can't just sit still silently when there is something that good going on - i can't pick apart somebody if the 'amazing' was genuine -

i just feel i have to defend that cuz i know at least once or twice i was heard to mutter 'holy fuck' and even a little louder if i was really moved, but usually in the middle of a very loud piece...

i'm not judging any of these, just keeping a running total now:

ok so the boogieing while walking was bad, clapping along was bad, crying a definite bad, smelling,

--- how about the dancing down the sides - anyone object to that? cuz thats not usually done at the nac either...

Dancing on the sides was probably the only place you could do that in there, or up in the boxes.

I was dancing in my seat while sitting. It was unavoidable and doable. I debated just laying down on the floor and convulsing to the music, but thought that someone might think I was having a seizure and they'd stick their dirty leather wallet that's been who-knows-where in my mouth.

Archived