Jambands.ca

Live Phish series

gentlemonkey

So, I just read that phish is going to be releasing 6 shows, every 6 months. 22.00us per show, minimum. with 'special packaging'

that seems a little bit weird for some reason. Like they are capitalizing on the show trading phenomenon.. anybody? feeding a need? or going a little too far? I am not totally sure how i feel, i guess because I haven't seen/heard the product.. thoughts? maybe it sounds soo good its what I've been waiting for. I guess 12 albums that sound like slip/stiches a year can't be bad.

I wouldn't call it capitalizing. They've been capitalizing by outselling every venue they've ever played for a decade.

They are providing high-quality and quite beautifully packaged material of what they feel are shows worth revisiting. I think it's great. I just wish they'd release DVD material.

Better packaging than I can make for my lazily burned shows...

p1.gif

Just look at GDM and what they have done with Dicks Picks

they are up to 23

not to mention all those additional side projects and additional Dead shows....

plus DVD's

all of them outstanding.

I want to own EVERYTHING they put out

cant beat that sound and most shows picked will be ones that you try and find a KILLER version of but cant seem to.

That is why they put this shit out, cause of putzes like me..........

Listening to the 9.14.00 release right now. I'm a bit disappointed that they released the 2-track mixes a-la HCA, rather than the multi-track. The sound isn't quite as rich or "deep" as ALO or SS&P, but it beats the hell out of my Schoeps auds that have a dropout in Caspian.

Carini had a lumpy head.

Nuff said.

here's my 2cents worth

download the shows cause the ones released aren't that much better. I bought the works two weeks ago and find myself listening to my own collection and dicks picks more. spend money on dicks picks, give money to gd organization (spend some 30 years touring) and not to phish (for cd's) cause i think like the first post says, its a lot of capitalization. The dp's series is much higher quality then the circulating bootes cause of the technoligy available to the everyday taper back then. BUT w/ phish most of the shows are cerculated on cd with lossless or virtually lossless technoligy.

well....i guess that three cents worth

you get a deal

peace smile.gif" border="0

I dont' know. It depends on how big you are on SBD recordings. I want to get the ones I attended, but that's about it.

By the way:

SS&P-Slip Stich Pass

HCA- Hampton Comes Alive

ALO- A Live One

Basically, ALO, SS&P= Multitrack remastered, mixed, etc. sbd copies. ALO's sound kicks ass in my mind.

HCA and the new stuff= Dick's Picks. The bare-bones SBD feed with a few pans and level changes, but that's about it. If you like it raw, you'll like it this way.

Archived