Jambands.ca

Qotd Jan 02...New Years Resolutions?

rubberdinghy

I quit.

Had to stop drinking as well.

Whenever you have the urge,think of the money you are saving.A pack a day at $6.50 a pop adds up quickly.I figure I'll save around $350/month if I can keep it going.

If money is not an issue,think of your lungs,kids,health,etc...

Be strong.It's worth it in the long run.Good to have support.

Good luck.

When I quit smoking, the hardest part was when I was in situations where I seemed to smoke more(parties, concerts, etc). It is real important that you tell people from the start that you are trying to quit and associate yourself with folks who will hold you accountable to that. Eventually things get easier, but I dont know that the urge to light up ever leaves completely. Hang in there you can do it.

Guest Low Roller

A wise man once said that it was easy to quit smoking because he did it all the time (quit smoking that is).

I gave away my last pack to some bum while walking home from Jaybone's, and hopefully that's it. It's gonna be really hard when I go back to Montreal.

I also resolved to attempt to start some good habits. We'll see about that one.

Well I managed to kick the dirty habit after Thanksgiving this year.

My best advice is to try and do it when you're out of your element. Go on vacation, start working nights, anything to disrupt your routine. Cause we all know it's the routines that will kill ya. Smoke after breakfast, one with coffee, after lunch etc. If you take away these usual triggers, life will be much easier to deal with!

As far as my own resolution for 2003: I've decided to end my pack-rat habits. I'm downsizing to a place half the size of my current digs and this "stashing for the war" paranoia I inherited from my Grandparents just won't fit! Wish me luck - this is 26 years of habit being broken!

• 1 year later...

i am still on the quitting smoking thing, too. i'll be soooo good for awhile, then all of a sudden i'll stop caring. it's weird.

i also have to start hittin the gym again. i fell off that wagon in june and well... s'been a busy couple months! if any of the ottawa folks wanna get on the gym train with me, let me know! sweatin it up with the skancs. heheh..

My non-smoking is going okay. Monday to Friday no butts for about a month now. A few here and there on the weekend. I plan after the Nero show to be done, done, done!!!

As for the gym, I think I am going to Plante de Bath tomorrow to sign up for a one month membership. Once the canal opens I probably won't need the gym, so one month should do.

$30.00 for the gym, $47 for the gym & pool.

My new years resolution is to treat my body the best I can, cause I only have this one capsule to last me a few more years!

gym for me too - I fell off the gym wagon a few months ago after 3 years of going steadily. I feel soft and feeble.

I quit smoking 3 years ago and joined the gym the same day. I actually found quitting smoking way easier than everyone says and I have never re-lapsed. (I smoked for 14 years - a lot - up to 2 packs a day at points)

Now all I have to do is wean myself off the pot. But then again, what is life without a vice?

Resolution 2003: learn some useful Korean, so that I can say more than just "Hello", "Goodbye", "I don't understand", "please", and "thank-you".

Hmmm.... I seem to have failed miserably at this resolution. I think I added the words "car", "boat", "penguin", and "coral" to my Korean vocabulary.

Of course, I'm not there anymore, so I suppose it doesn't matter...

Archived