Jambands.ca

The Fat Cats last show ever is on...

Jaimoe

Hey hey - I'm confused.

When I spoke with Todd, their guitarist, over the Thanksgiving weekend, he told me they were taking a break but didn't imply at all that they were done for good. He just said they were getting a little unmotivated and wanted to try other things.

I've seen the Fatties since 1993 and I LOVE THEM AND DON'T WANT THEM TO DIE!!!

(Drama Queen mode off...)

I hadn't heard about the gig on the 20th at the Zone... I knew about Halloween there but apparently that's off. Any more details? And if you don't mind me asking, how do you know that's their final gig? Just wondering... peace.

confused.gif" border="0

When I was at the Comfort Zone last Wednesday, the place was promoting The Fat Cats' " last Toronto concert ". I asked some of the people working there what this news was all about. They said that The Cats were packing it in. I guess I'll find out more on the 20th. Actually, Now Magazine is also promoting the 20th as The Fat Cats' last Toronto show.

Hmmmmm....

I'll see them on Tuesday. I will try to get a firm answer to this. Again, my understanding was "break" not "break-up". The other thing I wanted to mention is that there's a good chance that with the Fat Cats on break and BNB on break you may see some collaboration between some of those members in the coming months. I know it's been discussed, we'll just see if it pans out... I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

peace.

OK - I ran into Todd and Dave of the Fatties last night at a pub in Dundas and here's the scoop, just as they told me: they are *not* breaking up, they are taking a break. There is *no* show in Toronto on the 20th, they are playing the Winchester Arms in Dundas instead, so whatever poster is up at the Comfort Zone is wrong. The final Tuesday at the Casbah will be on the 23rd. They are *not* playing Halloween. They will be on break by then.

It turns out their new drummer is going to Berkeley for music. Their last drummer made a similar move. They have decided that rather than try and find a third drummer in six months (or whatever) they are going to take a break for a while and pursue other collaborations. Joel (their old drummer, you following this?) may be back next year so they'll lay low for a while. Look for small acoustic ("Acoustic Cats") gigs around the Dundas/Hamilton area for the next little bit.

And that, my friends. is the "scoop" on the Fat Cats!

peace.

Archived