Jambands.ca

What is Your Purpose in Life?

Vanessa

I jumped onto the Phish bandwagon pretty late, but have grown to love it from afar-as I've only seen one show.

Because of my fascination with Phish and its culture, I've decided to pursue the purpose of life from the perspective of fellow Phish fans who've seen many a show across the country. This is for a class I'm taking called, "Why Are We Here? Great Writings on the Purpose of Life."

I'm supposed to pursue any topic of choice related to the purpose of life, and this is what I chose. I will be leading a discussion to about 12 other students who are not familiar with the music of Phish or the jamband culture on the subject in a week or so.

So, I would love to hear from any and all Phish fans who've followed the band's music on this subject. The more perspectives, the better. Thanks in advance!

Hey Vanessa,

Theres an artical I read about a woman who did basically the same idea somewhere in the states...

I'll find it and post it for you A.S.A.P.

As for me, it's all about the music and the people involved. I don't think you'd find a more respectful and caring group of people anywhere in the world, and I don't mean just in music scenes.

Giggles grin.gif" border="0

Ah yes, actually that cookout reminds me the time of the cookout we had downtown Boston in front of the Boston Garden at a Dead show back 'in '91. After cooking our stirfry with a coleman stove right there on the sidewalk we proceeded to cook up a hot knife or two. Those Boston cops had no clue what that was, kind of like in the Texas song from SCI. This was also the time these old deadhead hippies almost offered their Honda Civic for 1g of black.

Archived