Jambands.ca

MMW opening for SCI???

gentlemonkey

I just noticed a thread of people talking about this elsewhere. Checked out MMW.net and its true. Troy NY, next weekend. On one hand it makes sense, because everyone can just let loose for the cheese to finish the night, after taking in MMW.. But I have to agree with those that were saying that its comparable to eating steak for dinner and having a twinkie for dessert. a tasty twinkie..

heheheh. wink.gif" border="0

Yes, that show has been known about for long time now. Twinkie eh, I'll twinkie you pal. Makes sense to me, with MMW opening for SCI, although it could be a close call.

2 Points: I'm guessing you've seen MMW but not SCI. Until you see a band you usually dont realize their full live potential.

Look at it this way, if SCI had played the NAC there would have been more then 1 small group of people from USA who travelled up for the shows.

I gotta say that it sounds like a wicked-good night of music. As far as Harpua's comment regarding the "next big thing" I wouldn't throw Widespread's name out of the hat. Although I've yet to see them live I've heard that for the past year they have been playing amazing shows (just starting to reach their peak) and that they are definately a band worth travelling to see. The other band I would have to say that might be the next ones to hold a sustainable touring fan base would be Moe.. I've been seeing them for a few years now and pretty extensively since the Phish hiatis. To all who haven't checked them out I would highly recomend going to see them. Their Halloween show sounds like it's gonna be a wacky throw down!!! keep it real.

Archived