Jambands.ca

speaking of nazis

reba

I stopped dropping in on Northern Heads as soon as I read that article "Mary-Anne , why hast thou forsaken me?"

It showed me the kind of people that run the site.

Abe, there is no point in defending yourself for that article (or Scorned Robbins for that matter) because I wont be responding.

Ya'll definitely took the low road on that one and you continue to do so via these threads.

You are bloody well right H. As much as it concerned me that there was such a generalization being made directed towards phishsanctuary, instead of the few people involved in the discussion, I never felt personally attacked. However, other people might. Also, other people might read that and take it as it is written.

It was unfair to write "phishsanctuary nazis".

Hey! www.jerrygobyebyemesad.com is available for ownership!

JESUS!!!!

Leave the sanctuary for 3 days, and look at the madness!

I think its obvious that both websites serve different roles in the Canadian scene. Phishsanctuary gives positive reviews and support, and is really a great forum for discussion on shows, new music, and whatever. Northernheads leans towards the more cynical/sarcastic side that seems to be so prevelant in all Canadian scenes. Especially one (like ours) involving lots of mind altering activities, and that could even be categorized as the drug culture..OR maybe its the everpresent Canadian inferiority complex rearing its ugly head in some weird way, thinking that everthing in the US is just so much better and shinier. It's not.

The reason you dont see bands like SCI or moe., or whoever respond to trite like we've seen here, is because they aren't actively discussing things on forums. They dont need too. They have 'staff' doing that shit. I read a Trey quote that said "Why would i play on computer, it's like homework".. Which sums it up, The big bands in the US dont care about any of the bullshit that goes on these message boards.

I think one of the great thing about the canadian jam scene is that is is still a very hands on thing for all the bands, and I'm sure will continue to be. Almost all the bands are putting out the word on their own on message boards, or whatever. That being said.. discuss, argue, review whatever.. Free Speech is all important, but if someone (in a band) feels they are being slagged unreasonably, or told they were acting high and mighty or whatever- when maybe they were tired or stressed about something else, they are going to want to set the record straight.

This is when the debates should try to be kept rational.. and personal attacks should be left out, because that should have nothing to do with whatever the debate is over. smile.gif" border="0

Archived