Jambands.ca

Oysterhead setlist

Jaimoe

Really cool Booche. Thanks for the set run-down. I wonder how long the show was? It'll be interesting to hear what they play in Toronto. I'm predicting that Geddy Lee and/or Alex Lifeson will join them on stage. Let's hope it ain't Raine from Our Lady Peace and/or Edwin or Jeff Martin from The Tea Party!

The set time will grow in length, although the songs on the cd are rather short anyway - they just feel long ( in a good way ). If you want to hear songs that feel long in a bad way, try listening to The Tea Party, Alanis, Depeche Mode, Edwin, Our Lady Peace, new Phil Collins, the Pet Shop Boys. I won't go on.

I resent the damaging criticism about the tea party.

yeah, sure they're commercialized rock music made to churn out a dollar, but how many people can say they play the Sarod??

the tea party have some great rock hooks and ideas...too bad they're not a jamband. I saw them and felt they weren't energetic enough but if they were to cheer up a bit they'd have some hope.

i like the edges of twilight and splendor solis...but only when i'm listening to someone else's cd's. It's a nice escape every so often.

cheer up people. that thread about northernheads seems to have made people edgy and negative. If i could i'd smoke you all bowls and we could chill together. Not that you need drugs to chill out...well maybe...the atmosphere seems pretty uninviting...it'd be great to see dave from nero on stage with oysterhead. it'd be a just reward for ottawa's greatest guitar hero. wait - all of nero with oysterhead onstage at once. 2 basses - trading fills. 2 drummers in unicyn except for solos and expression. 2 guitars...well is there room with trey?? I think dave could make room. think loops through loops.

the sound would be like a medieval battle. chain mail guitars, a determined rhythm, great scents of ghastly funk and all!

i bet jeff martin'll be playing his guitar with his case open for awhile after everyone sees the magic of jambands and realizes radio rock isn't near as cool.

tee hee

Still can't wait to see GRUVASYLUM. just a reminder - check it out! thursday in london ontario at the bacchus lounge.

SCI will be a great warmup to that show.

Hey Canned Beats. I've always hated The Tea Party. I don't care about the Northern Heads. In fact, I don't even know why people are fighting/arguing with each other - between sites. Burt Neilson is a good band, but there are a lot of goods bands in Canada. Some of my favourite bands are not jam bands - Who, Kinks, Nick Drake, Tom Waits, The Stones, John Coltrane, Muddy Waters, Replacements etc... My old roommate in Toronto is even in The Tea Party's first video - The River. I just find that they are one of the least melodic bands I've ever heard. Sure Martin's a good player when he wants to play, but he's so damned full of himself; same with the other two dudes. Basically, they bore me and boring is my least favourite thing musically.

totally man. i never mean any harm with my comments...I don't really take anything personally so I mean things on a slightly different level even though I can't articulate it properly.

anyhow, I really like a lot of non jam-bands as well. mostly post rock and indie stuff. jazz too. but anyhow, I think people should let sleeping threads lie.

so how about that local sports team, huh?

10/21/01 Paramount - Seattle, WA

Set 1: Oz Is Ever Floating, Rubberneck Lions, Little Faces, Mr. Oysterhead, Radon Balloon, Army's On Ecstasy*, The Grand Pecking Order, Birthday Boys**, Polka Dot Rose***, Owner Of The World, Pseudo Suicide, E: Shadow Of A Man#, Immigrant Song

Comment: * with 'Smoke on the Water' and 'Barracuda' teases. ** with Trey acoustic solo to begin and Les and Stuart joining in mid-song. *** with one verse of 'Walking on the Moon'. # with Trey playing a guitar with antlers

Like you weren't listening to Thriller nonstop, learning to moonwalk in 1982.

Or listening to RIO, and telling chicks that you played bass and taught John Taylor how to play.

You quite possibly could have heard "Spirits In The Material World" and in anticipation for the imminent release of Syncronicity, really really wanted to get your hair done like Al Kilfoyle who thought he looked like Sting.

Archived