Jambands.ca

Last Babylon Sunday

Pablo Sanchez

What better time than now is there to take over the Fridays then?

With a little knowledge of electro-magnetism we could generate an EMP that would render the DJ's equipment USELESS. If that happened more than once, I'd doubt any DJ's would want to bring their expensive 101's and 301's in there.

Or...

with a little promotion and awareness, setting up a night with Nero and another band (the same formula from sundays) could be easily marketed as an incredible value for 8-10 bucks. Especially if it's kicked of with a band like BNB who Babylon has already witnessed the popularity of.

A little web presence to get the word out and some posters, a few moments on the air with Stuntman Stu and it's all set!

Bouche has got it right.....we need to keep this thing going......I think there's a good number of people waiting to see and hear nero, they just don't know it yet.....we need to massivly promote a nero show and get more people out so we don't get stuck reading reviews of shows and wishing we had something to do....PEOPLE OF THE WORLD UNITE AND GET YOUR ASS TO A NERO SHOW!!!!!

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Yeah!!

errr.

I for one am excited as to all the possibilities. and not being tied into sundays, with the busiest night in the city happening next door- depressing the hell out of me every week. (Oh MY GOD!! Cindi Lauper again! frown.gif" border="0 !).. I think someone should take over the rainbow and turn it into a good club. that's a great room, and.. all those cougars!! Good times guaranteed!! Or someone should 'covince' mad.gif" border="0 Eugene to sell Zaphods, and make that a better spot.

nero is addicted to playing, and will do so wherever the new stage may be.. it's all part of the learning experience baby! wink.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

I know what you are talking about is a weekly gig, and there is no way you can have a weekly gig at babylon on friday or saturday....or is there? Like I'm suggesting, if it's fresh every week, with a new fantastic canadian jamband being introduced, or returning, it's not really your standard house-band situation.

I see that as potentially being quite successful, if enough weekly or bi-weekly fridays are covered for a few months in advance.

Weekly events (with a house band) are very difficult to pull off. After a while people tend to take them granted. If the band is playing every week, then the "lust" for the band seems to die down.

Spruce had tried a weekly event at the Pit a few years back, Same problem, people didn't show after about a month.

Shake also did a weekly event at the Post, but everyone went to Raggamuffin at the Upstair Club! That was a weekly event that seemed to work very well. (and, of course, the Jimmy George shows at the Duke)

I tried to set up a weekly event that was hosted by a different band each week, coming full circle every four weeks. That meant, each band had a monthly gig, but the venue had a weekly event. Group 4 like-minded bands together and I think this could work. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to sort it all out.