Jambands.ca

attn all Torontonians w/a DVD player

zimmerman

hey all (this is my first post)

just wanted to get the message out that Queen Video (two locations, one on Queen and Spadina, the other on Bloor and Bathurst) just got copies of Bittersweet Motel and Gordo's Outside Out on DVD.

I used to work there and luckily before I left (due to knee surgery)I convinced the boss to carry those headee titles. Actually, I think we're the only video shop in Toronto who has them. If you haven't seen Outside Out yet, i HIGHly recomend it; it's pretty quirky with some cool audio comentary from Gordo throughout.

If you haven't been to Queen Video, there's no doubt they have the sickest selection of flicks in the city (up against Suspect).

Anyhow, check them out sometime, and tell them Alan sent ya.

thanks for your time (sorry if this seems like a shameless plug for the store, just thought I'd let you guys now that they carry Outside Out).

your pal al shocked.gif" border="0

I went under the knife 5 days ago. As for Oysterhead, it unfortunately looks slim. I'd love to go but it all depends on my leg. Fortunately I scored 1st row on the balcony so that benefits me with no one in front of me. I guess it all comes down to the day of the show.

Being bed ridden though ain't that bad. It's givien me the chance to listen to some choice shows and also I scored the new Dead box set which is AWESOME!!!!!! Oh yeah, and the T3's are helping out jus phine!!

Hey, if you guys need any good film recomendations, don't hesitate to ask.... shocked.gif" border="0

yes, it was ACL open knee surgery (no scope). I twisted the shit out of it longboarding 2 years ago.

As for Memento, I enjoyed it very much so. If you wanna see a suspense/thriller in the same vein, rent the Limey! Another classic suspense/thriller film is Kubrick's the Killing. Kubrick's the man and this film proves it. Don't let the black and white stock deter you; this film's a masterpeice from beginning to end!

Or if you want to see something completely out of left field to go with your endless stash, get the Wicker Man (just released on dvd). That movie's bizare; it's a tad slow in the beginning but it surely pays off ten fold by the end!!).

Hope those satisfy you in the meantime. If you want more selections from different genres, just ask...

your pal al