Jambands.ca

The Fabulous Bore

h

I like it - cuz you could do word plays on boar like a wild boar and also, the music could boar into your skull?

Speaking of the Fab 4 in an offbeat kinda way...

Did anybody check out the Concert For New York that was replayed last night on More Much Music?

(the one where Paul McCartney closed the show?)

james taylor - i've seen fire and i've seen rain was particularily good... not a dry eye in the house...

but the shock of the night was the Whos "Won't Get Fooled Again" was just WICKED !

like they came out looking 100 years old each - roger in particular is looking toothy.. but holy if they didnt' just belt out and kick ass - on a song that made a stadium full of pissed off american police and firemen howl with rage and appreciation...

(and i'm not just freakin' over the old band, like jagger and richards were just that, and David Bowies "Heros" was good, but no, the who ROCKED on that song)

I also appreciated the huge british flag they displayed in true WHO fashion - but realized that it was appopriate cuz really its those 2 nations teaming up together in this war, too eh? -- seemed kindof surreal when i looked at it like that... the brits going to war with the states...

anyway just felt like sharing...

ya, but it's all brits who live in New York now (most likely to escape taxes in the UK) except for the WHO again, who i believe still live in britain?

who else was there... bowie - ny, jagger/richards - until very recently ny, who else was there again?

Hey h, The Concert for NYC also had Clapton, Mellencamp, Elton with Billy Joel and Paul McCartney. The Who killed. I loved Won't Get Fooled Again, but the real emotional highlight of the entire NYC concert was Behind Blue Eyes. Like with Fire and Rain, people were in tears. I saw the entire concert and the worst act was Melissa Etheridge. I felt sorry for her - her mic didn't work on her first song. That killed any momentum she could have built... for the few that were actually there to see her perform. Hey, and why was Eric Clapton singing most of the verses of blues standards like Hoochie Coochie Man during his set, and not Buddy Guy, who was playing right next to him? When it comes down to singing the blues, Eric should have let Buddy take over, especially because of the Mississippi-laced lyrical content of Hoochie Coochie Man.

Wouldn't that be a great band name? Like a bit of a play on the "fab four".. The singer could say :"time to get bored everybody.." and everyone would scream.. YAAAAAAAYY! Because to them to get bored would really mean to get ROCKED!

How about that? EH?!!

That might be what I'll call my new sideproject. If not, Mullet Sensation for sure.

oh ya, eric clapton is another brit and elton john, neither of which live in NY i dont' think...

i didnt' see melissa ethridge or behind blue eyes actually, musta flipped it towards the end during the organ parts...

i agree about the blues song - perhaps they are 'giving the crowd what they want' even when what they want isn't going to give them the best performance (i.e. everybody there would be saying ... doi, whoise dat guy singin claptons song?! what the fuck is dat !? ) - i threw in the ny accent for free there...