Jambands.ca

Shirts at Phish shows

cheesehead

So, a new friend of mine, Katie, was at my place last night and brought up 2 interesting points:

#1) We all love women, right? Women love Phish. Phish loves women. We love Phish. But she noted that she so badly wanted a shirt at the show, but all are so monstrously big that she and other non-obese girls cannot buy any. I feel bad for our Phisheadettes because this sucks. Everyone wants to go home with something to remember. So the shirts should fit everyone.

#2) What was with the shirt of Trey giving the finger for winter tour? If we want to spread Phish's music to the younger generations, is this the image we want? This is not death metal. This is supposed to make everyone smile. I for one, would never buy my kid a shirt like this. Trey is supposed to come off as a friendly guy, the way Jerry always did. Let's spread love, not hate.

Thanks.

Cheeser

I dig the "fuck wilson" shirt, it totally makes sense to me, i would have bought one for my buddy wilson but funds were tight in cinci.

i like that simpsons lot shirt too

if you know phish you know why trey is giving wilson the finger, but i guess some ppl new to it would get the wrong idea, or just be confused.

See Booche's tagline for my opinion. [Wink]

But seriously, if I was walking down the road and saw someone with a shirt with Trey giving the finger, I think I'd find it pretty damn funny! And if someone who didn't know who was on the shirt saw the shirt, they would probably be more confused than anything. ... Another one of those sorta inside jokes that we all know and love. "Hey, whose the guys on your shirt giving the finger?" .. "Oh thats the lead singer from this band that I follow in the summer time.. Death metal. Evil stuff.." and so on.

Agreed that the simpsons lot shirts are sick.

And of course, i understand the finger giving to wilson. But if we are trying to spread the scene, my point was that people who don't know the love that phish spreads would get the wrong idea. And of course we want the scene to get as big as possible so we can one day take over the world.

Kraft singles slices gettin' the hungries.

quote:

Originally posted by cheesehead:

So, a new friend of mine, Katie, was at my place last night and brought up 2 interesting points:

#1) We all love women, right?

i take offence to that comment. i'm a misogynist.

quote:

So the shirts should fit everyone.

technically, then, they do...try a hot water wash followed by a half dozen rounds in the dryer. or eat a coupla pounds of philly cream cheese, followed by everything on the rotten ronnie's menu... cry me a river!

quote:

#2) What was with the shirt of Trey giving the finger for winter tour?

Thanks.

Cheeser

it's that whole "we're number 1" misunderstanding thing... or that whole "phish sells a gagillion other kid-friendly shirts" deal... or a its medical thing

-

I was just looking out for our lady friends. If i were a chick (other than playing with my breasts all day long) I would want a phish shirt that i didnt have to spend 56 hours trying to shrink. That's all. And there's nothing hotter than a chick in a jam band t-shirt. ('cept maybe a blonde in a habs jersey) woooo!

And the finger thing. I saw it, and I was like "ok, I would wear that". But to the public eye, those who dont know phish, it's not good for us, or the band. They see it, they say "who is that" "oh that's trey from Phish". The next time they hear about Phish, that's what they picture. Not long jams, and fun and smiles. But a guy telling Wilson to fuck off. I dunno, just my opinion.

A consistent part of my morning routine is to tell Wilson to fuck off.

Oh the small shirt deal. I hear it first hand daily. My girl is 4'11", and not even 100lbs.

You either find KIDS clothing in the lot, or you buy XS as SOON as the doors open at the official merchandise booth. Of couse, ording on the net from dry goods works wonders. They have tons of kids clothing that looks great on Theresa.

Now finding her a baithing suit is a whole different ball game.

Archived