Jambands.ca

Greyboy

gentlemonkey

Nice night of music. Good to see some peeps for once.

Kobayashi sounded kind of like they just got together, but i think if they keep playing together, they will get a lot better. The DJ needs some lessons.

Greyboy is the master of the art, however I couldn't help wish it was the allstars making the sweet music coming from stage. Now it's time to regroup for Oysterhead!! Weee-HOO! cool.gif" border="0

The band was good for sure, definitely gave me a moses mayes vibe.

As far as watching some guy put on a record and then bend over to look for another one, I don't see any "show" in that.

It was great to see everybody and pound a couple of beers.

But next time the show consits of a guy putting on records, count me out. I guess I'm jaded smile.gif" border="0

I really enjoyed myself last night and yes Greyboy has-Mastered The Art shocked.gif" border="0 The first band (Koboyashi?) had some good sounds coming out. The bass player was great, and the drummer,as well as the sax players. If only the keys would have taken soloed a little bit more....I agree with the Moses Mayes comparison except this band dosn't jam out like Moses...They stop short and only let us cop a feel..... I thought Greyboy was killer tongue.gif" border="0 Yes we did get the dreadid hip-hop that some feared but the acid/jazz was in full-force last night and it was awesome shocked.gif" border="0

Pablo: I sort of agree with the guy spinning records deal as sort of a non-show, but I look at it as the choice of music selected and how well the DJ (in however slight a form sometimes) manipulates that music (scratching...etc) and how well it all sounds put together....and having seen a good number of DJ's I can say Greyboy is fantastic. That Dizzy in there last night was perfect.....everything (hip-hop, jazz, latin rythems) flowed and thats where I see the art and the show in D-Jaying.

Well that's about that I hope everyone that saw this enjoyed themselves and maybe, if Greyboy ever returns, maybe he'll bring his Allstars too.

Enjoy Mr. Oysterhead!!!!!

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0