Jambands.ca

will BnB return?

Mr. T

THe last couple times I saw the boys they weren't at their best (except for Hallowe'en) but I'm really wondering if they'll actually return from their "break".

I sure hope so, because there isn't really any good touring bands left, in my opinion, in Canada.

What does everyone think? This is my first post but I've been reading this board for a long time.

frown.gif" border="0

I think Harpua is right.....but as far as bNb being the only good Canadian touring band...well..

...umm.....NO. Nero, Grand Theft Bus, Moses Mayes, Recipe from a Small Planet, Jomamma, Tala, Jambolaya.....and there's more...not all these bands steady tour but they all get around once and a while along with the goody goodies here and there (SCI, oysterhead, moe......) Just got to stay tuned to phishsanctuary.com to see about the shows goin' on.

Welcome aboard Auntie!!! wink.gif" border="0

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

we interrupt this thread for a special moment...

you can edit your own posts, and i believe delete them too incase anyone is interested, just hit the edit button (the paper with the pencil i think) and see where it takes you...

just for future reference....

we can now continue with the regularly scheduled conversation regarding currently touring canadian jambands...

"Nero, Grand Theft Bus, Moses Mayes, Recipe from a Small Planet, Jomamma, Tala, Jambolaya...."

On the topic of touring Canadian bands - good ones. In MY OWN personal opinion (it seems when you state your opinion on a band, you run the risk of being gang-banged) BUT - - - - -

none of those bands come CLOSE to the burt boys. sorry to the bands but I think they all have a good half a decade before they'll draw my interest as much as BnB. And TOUR MORE! You can barely call them 'touring' bands. sadly, I see the music of the scene at an all time low right now

About BnB coming back - I've just been hearing rumours.

DSC00033.jpg

Personally, what I think separates BNB from MOST of the "touring" Canadian bands is that they come to Western Canada rather than just stopping in Western Ontario. Of course BNB has been touring for a lot longer than these other bands, but hey, gotta start some where wink.gif" border="0

Im not taking a shot at any of you other bands either cuz I do realize money and time are an issue. Introducing yourselves to new audiences is probably tough too.

Anyhow, don't feel shy about coming out west!! We would love to see EVERYONE play in Alberta.

Whoa.....let's not get this whole thing started again when all we are doing is voicing our opinions frown.gif" border="0

It was once said to me that: If you were to travel across the border and listen to most of the jambands right near us (Syracuse, Albany, Rochester...etc) You'd find they pretty much all sound like bNb, or bNb sounds like them...thats why their not my favourite Canadian jam band"

I'm not sure thay all do but hearing many "local" jambands after seeing gathering of the vibes a couple years and other festivals, I think they have sort of a similar "feel"....there's only so much in the "genre" of being a "jamband" you can do with out being compared to others.....now comes Nero who are very much original. I think those guy's must be smokin' crack to come up with some of the shit they do...it's wild. And there is also bands like Moses Mayes who add the turn-table styles to their music. BNB is great, fantastic, and they follow the traditions of "jamband" music brilliantly (blue grass, rock, funk...etc). Thier awesome. But to rule out all the rest of these fabulous bands.....well....sorry but..... sucks to be you.

Auntie-I think you might wanna' give these bands another try or sit around at home and wait for bNb to tour again...your call.

I hope to see you out at a show or two smile.gif" border="0

"well....sorry but..... sucks to be you. "

hey Giggles, you might want to slow down a little there. I dont think Auntie-man is ruling out any of these other bands. I think it was a matter of voicing a personal opinion.........which, truth be told, BnB HAS been around alot longer and HAS toured more extensively.

MY personal opinion is that BnB doesnt sound like bands from Rochester or Albany or where-ever...they sound like BnB.

but then again, I havent heard from too many of the bands you are talking about.......who are they again and who told you this? this isnt info from one of those crack-heads in the Falls is it?

Booche- I'm not really sure you read my post properly- the "sucks to be you" comment was generaly to anyone...the- "maybe you should" comment was to Auntie.

The source of the bNb comment I am not sure I should say unless discussing it with him first...but NO it is not a Smiths Falls crack head, it is an Ottawaian with many shows under his belt (hint: 75+ dead shows and 75+ phish shows aswell as many others)

Also I believe the comment about "none of those bands come CLOSE to the burt boys. sorry to the bands but I think they all have a good half a decade before they'll draw my interest" being VERY MUCH IN THE RANGE OF RULING THEM OUT. At least for now anyways.

Also- My comment was that bNb has a traditional jamband "feel" not "sound"....I'M SORRY ABOUT THE SECOND-HAND OPINION!!! I forgot it is forbidden. I am more or less trying to figure out why Auntie isn't ancy for nero, GTB...etc....I guess I didn't explain that very well....I just assumed that it must be because they are more closely related to traditional jamband music then say Nero...because you know aswell as I do It can't be that Nero isn't tight enough or anything like that.

contraption, spookie daly pride,Jim, Loader.... those guys at that place that time.....Booche, it's been a few years since I've been to the Vibes and I don't write the names of every band I see down, I probably should.....but the first few bands are from closeby USA and I think have a traditional jamband "feel" to them...as i believe bNb does as well....NOT "sound"..."feel"

I could be a little off with the names...

Originally posted by Giggles:

[QB]Booche- I'm not really sure you read my post properly- the "sucks to be you" comment was

generaly to anyone...the- "maybe you should" comment was to Auntie. ....

To tell you the truth, it looks like you are saying that to Auntie because you say

"But to rule out all the rest of these fabulous bands"...sucks to be you..read on

(Giggles quote smile.gif" border="0 Also I believe the comment about "none of those bands come CLOSE to the burt boys.

sorry to the bands but I think they all have a good half a decade before they'll draw my

interest" being VERY MUCH IN THE RANGE OF RULING THEM OUT. At least for now anyways.

So you are saying it to Auntie and everyone else that rules out these other bands

(which I can understand, it is unfortunate for them)...BUT, Auntie never rules out these

bands, Auntie just says that these bands wont draw interest from Auntie "AS MUCH AS" BNB

until they get some more experience and touring under their belt

(or something to that effect)...which I dont see as ruling them out

(correct me if I am wrong Auntie, cause I might be)....I just see it as Auntie putting more

energy towards BnB.

regarding the source of that BnB comment, if you go to 75+Dead shows and 75+Phish shows,

you have drained your brain so much that you Might As Well be a Smiths Falls crack head

if you think all these NewYorkState bands sound/feel(whatever) like BnB and vice versa......

(that is a joke, cause I have no idea who you are talking about Giggles, I am only trying to find

out who it is....)

the only thing I found bizarre is that Auntie thinks the music of the scene is "at an

all-time low right now".....I have never found it more vibrant and alive!

I guess I should have been more specific with the "sucks to be you" thing. Throwing in the "ruling them out" does, I guess, single out Auntie.

As for the other bit about Auntie actually ruling them out.....Booche- How often do you see bands you think lack something, (touring experience, what ever) so much to the point you say they need at least 5 yrs. of work before they draw your attention like another band(bNb, anyone)....and then go see them when they come around?

I think if your (your meaning anyone) in the loop of this music we all love so much, and you keep up with phishsanctuary.com, northernheads.com, jambands.com etc.... you will pretty much know of nearly all the bands to see in Canada. I guess I mean- Auntie, if you don't enjoy (fully) these bands I've mentioned (and other's too), you may be stuck with them for a little while till bNb return's.

I also think the scene is flourshing right now, thanks to (for Ottawaians) nero, who has had excellent Canadian jambands as guest's.

NOTE- 5yrs of experience is a lifetime for some bands....look at the progress of The Backstreet Boys!!!!

How often do you see bands you think lack something, (touring experience, what ever) so much to the point you say they need at least 5 yrs. of work before they draw your attention like another band(bNb, anyone)....and then go see them when they come around?

no one ever said that........you sure have taken alot out of "before they'll draw my interest as much as BnB"

You can hear in BnB's music the amount of hard work that has gone into it. I have only seen them a handful number of times but I noticed the stage "sound"/"feel" that they have built from experience as a long-lasting act. Scherzo back in May (or June or July) proved it to me. By no means does this take away from any of the bands that I have seen in the past year, they are fantastic as well but when someone says to me that for them "BnB is the shit dude", I can understand what they are talking about. If other bands dont hit them like BnB, so BnB it.

that's it, I am outa here, I am going to clown college with Homer!

Booche- Auntie originally posted- "....there isn't really any good touring bands left, in my opinion, in Canada.

What does everyone think? This is my first post but I've been reading this board for a long time."

In my opinion, I posted- "but as far as bNb being the only good Canadian touring band...well..

...umm.....NO. Nero, Grand Theft Bus, Moses Mayes, Recipe from a Small Planet, Jomamma, Tala, Jambolaya.....and there's more...not all these bands steady tour but they all get around once and a while"

To which Auntie replied his opinion- "none of those bands come CLOSE to the burt boys. sorry to the bands but I think they all have a good half a decade before they'll draw my interest as much as BnB"

Fare enough.....but on the idea it had been sometime since Auntie may have seen these other bands...I replied, w/ the "sucks to be you" comment- "Auntie-I think you might wanna' give these bands another try or sit around at home and wait for bNb to tour again...your call."

Bottom line.. I happen to think there is a great number of bands to see while bNb is and isn't touring....and from what Auntie said "there isn't really any good touring bands left, in my opinion, in Canada."....I guess he dosn't.

Is Auntie wrong? No, it's his opinion.

Am I wrong? I don't think so.

I made the "ruling them out" comment because Auntie said "there isn't really any good touring bands left, in my opinion, in Canada." and the "none of those bands come CLOSE to the burt boys. sorry to the bands but I think they all have a good half a decade before they'll draw my interest as much as BnB." I think if something isn't "good" and dosn't "interst" you, in whatever way it is, then your ruling them out.

I also want to make it clear that 5yrs is ages for bands....ages. Christ, in 1yr with some of the shows nero's lined up (metalwood...etc) we may have to pay big bucks just to see them!!!

I agree with auntie-man on points b and c of the appendix. Giggles makes a good point in subsection two of paragraph four. Booche is quite adroit at drawing our attentions to the fallacies of truth proposition six preconditioned on sentence three.

All clear. I think we get the gist.

Hung out with Jeff and Jeff from Burt for a bit after Oysterhead last night, buried the spade so to speak and there seems to be no question of them coming back.

First off, all y'all must check out Jimmy Swift Band! The've got some tight jams with their lead guitarist losing his shit on stage during every solo (it can get a bit intense). HIGHly recomend it!!! And it's at the Comfort Zone too on a Wednesday so it's phree! Come out Come all.

And in reply to Kung's last post, dude, that was the funniest thing I've read all day!! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Who you calling a crackhead Booche? Smiths Falls is a wonderful town with lots to do. I want you to move here with me so we can sheer sheep together and start a poncho manufacturing company. What do you say? Come be all you can be. Your brother already has!!! HEE HEE HEE tongue.gif" border="0

DOULOUHOO wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0