Jambands.ca

BNB Fires Jeffery

boogieknight

Okay,

so for all those bnb nay-sayers, check this out!!!!!!

The BNB members have fired drummer and all around cool dude Jeffery. The reason being that the other drummer no longer wishes to play with an other drummer.

Starting to believe all the crap I've been hearing. Too bad. This could have been a really cool band. Too bad ego have to get in the way of music.

I heard that too. But really, will they sound any different? Better if anything. If he was in the band because he was an "all around cool dude" then I'd rather HANG OUT with them then LISTEN to them.

And to BoogieKnight - shame on you for spreading such gossip, (I know who you are) and know the band would not appreciate it. Let's keep this board NICE and not go around speaking on things you know nothing about. It's the same as KUNG's posting about a show he wasn't at - until you hear it from the source - shut up. I'm a close friend of the band's (as I thought you were) and understand that they have to do what they have to do.

I forsee more rock-outs.

too bad...that dude was such a nice guy. I remember hanging with him at come together listening to tunes out of the back of his friend's car and being really really fargone.

He'll certainly be missed onstage by us fans but i'll still go to see them. Maybe they don't want such a thick sound from instruments...is jeff going to pull out some stops?? new toys??

or will the keys become an even bigger part of the BNB sound??

I hope it's for the best and not because of ego. Perhaps there was a change of direction for the band. who knows. I hope people don't make this as big of a deal as they could.

I'm sure we can leave it to harpua to rile some feathers.

okay look i wasn't trying to start shit or 'Spread Gossip' as my unknown friend auntie-man called it. I was stating what i heard and my thoughts on it. I did not mean to offend anyone with my opinions. Since I do not know who your are (close personal friend of the band) auntie-man then I can not apologize to you personally. If you would like to get a hold of me personally then I will gladly offer you one.

Seriously I was surprised by the news and that was my reaction. Do what you got to do. What I think has never stopped someone from doing what they want, just ask health minister allan rock.

Hey boogie! DOnt apologize to auntie-man. Anybody with such strong opinons about something and such grasp on the way things are- should realize that posting anonymously (see auntieman's non descrip. profile) discredits whatever stupid shit he/she posts. If auntie man is such a big fan, he shouldn't have a problem disclosing who he/she is.

"will they sound any different? better if anything.." nice input! thanks for coming out auntie!

"until you hear it from the source-shut up".. what do you think people are going to talk about on a forum dedicated to the Canadian Jam scene, on a story relating to the biggest band on the scene. I think your definition of a nice board is fucked up dude, maybe you should go share recipes at marthastewart.com..

OUT! grin.gif" border="0

Mixed emotions for sure.

I dig Jeffery having met him through friends. No one who has met him will agrue the fact he's a positive force.

Musically, the jury won't be out for me personally until I hear the new direction. I remember being upset when after the first BNB layoff but that just proved to be nothing but a positive thing for their tightness, their sound.

I hope this was done for all the right reasons. I couldn't have been easy. All the best to Jeffery and the Burts as they go their separate ways....

Hey all... Jeff Heisholt here.

Well, I'm sad to say that Jeffrey Kornblum is no longer with BNB. As the band's official posting states, it was a very tough decision to make. Jeffrey was and still is like a brother to me. But as time goes on our music evolves and things change. We felt it was time for a change.

It's too bad that it came out from someone else before we had the chance to officially announce Jeffrey's departure. That wasn't the way we wanted it. Reading the posts on this page and our own message board made me pretty upset. This is our own personal business and what we decide to share with you, the fans and friends, should be accepted and respected. We don't question you about the goings on behind the scenes at your jobs, and would never think of it. As much as we love music and the music that we play... this is also our job.

I just wanted to comment on a couple of the remarks seen here.

- this was not an ego based decision and has not gotten in the way of the music

- this was also not a decison made or influenced by any single member of the band. We all came to this conclusion togther.

I hope that everyone will give us a chance and continue to come out and give us the support we've come to know over the last 6 years.

Feel free to respond with any questions... I'll answer them id I can.

Thanks,

and cheers.

Jeff Heisholt

Now I feel like an ass. I ran into Jeffrey at Phil last week, and said (in my wasted state) "Hey, you're Jeffrey from the BNB!" It was more out of surprise to see him standing in front of me. He probably had all of this on his mind and didn't need to be reminded in the middle of that smoking second set. Sorry dude!

I think Jeff Heisholt covered what I was thinking. Sometimes here in this elitist jam band community we are too quick to pass judgement. It's kind of a Catch 22, because half of the reason we love these bands (Jomomma, nero etc.) is because of their ability to be personable to every fan, and their decision to allow us to get so close to them. But then we are given the chance to speak our minds in this AMAZING scene(and I mean that wholeheartedly), and sometimes it comes out wrong because of the degree of emotion we feel regarding the music, our friends and the fans.

"Let it be, Let it be......"

This may not apply to BNB's situation but WHAT IF.....

Page had never replaced Jeff in The Phish?

Lets all sit back and share in the groove and allow these musicians to throw it out there for us.

For good or for bad:

Good Luck BNB, I'll be there grinning ear to ear next time.

Good Luck Jeffrey, I'll spark a fattie with you next time we boogie.

Peace

Sean Taylor smile.gif" border="0

Well, I really do hate to read or comment on posted gossip. I remember being an active poster in rec.music.phish and I would read every piece of gossip and comment on it. But, that all just proves to be nonsense, and you end up getting pissed at people you don't even know.

I don't think there is room for any heavy emotional reaction in an "anonymous" setting, over circulated rumours.

I guess it's unfortunate that when you are in the jamband fans' eyes, your own news may not be able to be held back until it's the right time to make an announcement.

It's nice to know that a band is comfortable to grow and take on some forms of change, but it's very sad that, in the process, somebody has to leave the picture.

Jeffrey is most definitely a fantastic person and musician, but I haven't had the opportunity to play along with his rhythms. It's obvious that everyone here will miss him on that BnB stage.

Everytime I get to see the band, Jeffrey always there to chat with me before or after, and I hope he'll still be kicking around the scene. I hope I'll see him at Phil Shows, as I will always be going to see Phil until the man decides that, at 121 years old, it's time to retire.

Thanks 'ersh, for the kind posting. I didn't even know that there was a message board on your site. That's some nasty stuff that people have to spit out over this, in there.

I respect whatever decisions or moves you guys make or have to do. I know that the best is always intended, and the music will always bring people together.

All my best wishes,

mike

That is just plain sad. I ran into both Jeff's at Oysterhead and everything seemed copacetic. I can see where bands grow and change and it may be a necessary change even but that's hard to handle well no matter what. As if I would go off the hook about that. I respect these guys and consider them my friends one way or another.

Oh and what's so ridiculous about passing along something that was said to you by someone you trust. Like 'let's not go to that restaurant my buddy said it's all hype' or 'that movie's supposed to suck Lance saw it last week'.

Anyways sorry if I let anyone down by not being a total prick.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Thanks 'ersh, for the kind posting. I didn't even know that there was a message board on your site. That's some nasty stuff that people have to spit out over this, in there.

No kidding, I just went there for the 1st time myself and was shocked at the tone of the posters. Reminded me of the jambands.com message board, which is *not* a good thing.

Maybe it's just a negative space they're working through and all will be good in due time, but man.... it's funny, all the people lashing out at the band for coming to a decision they just don't like will probably still be lining up, $10 in hand, for upcoming gigs. I'll be one of them! See you around, at a BNB show hopefully.

WEAK WEAK WEAK. i respect Burt. Its their bvand, their call. If this is a unified decision, cool. Life moves on. If he was kicked out cause the drummer doesnt want more percussion, cool, i can understand that. Hey im not in the bvand, what right do i havbe to tell em whats what. I love the music BURT makes. HOWEVER: IF he was kicked out in an ultimatum/ he goes or i go style, thats super f uckin weak. Like i said, its their band, they can do what they like. Ill still see their shows, BURT is awesome! So's Jeff. Best of luck.

Lookin forward to the next show! How about asking Mickey Hart to join the band, whats he up to these days? REEEEEEE. grin.gif" border="0