Jambands.ca

QotD: 2003.03.11

bradm

quote:

Originally posted by CharlieDon'tSurf:

I think its called
and its a gift from the gods....

Yeah, but Bits'n'Bites works because the pretzels and peanuts act as mediators, much as Canadian soldiers act as peacekeepers in places like Cyprus.

And nobody (that I know of) pours milk on a bowl of Bits'n'Bites for breakfast.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

I once knew someone who microwaved Cheetos to form a fine cheezy paste for his chili.

In regards to your question Brad, the answer is fourty-two.

" think mixing cereals is a sign of an underlying need for a greater sense of self, or a failure to remember to buy groceries"

nononononono!!! Mixing cereal is an art and morning discipline all to itself...too much of one cereal and you've ruined the balance. I keep between 3 and 10 boxes of cereal handy, it's all about choice, layering, and substance...I like the small shredded wheats on the bottom, maybe Raisin Bran in the middle and as for the top 3rd? Anything goes....Cap'n crunch, Corn Pops, Life, whatever....

Layering cereal also has to pay special attention to the speed of the eater and the types of cereal...some cereals go soggy at a faster rate than others, these shouldn't go on the bottom...

Also, beware of the cheerio-they have immense floating powers, so if these are your base, when the milk hits the bowl, it could cause the top layers to shift right outta the bowl! little milky life preservers...

ah fuck it i'm gonna have a coffee and a bagel today.

When I was a little girl (oh so many years ago) I thought that Fruit Loops were just a box of Cheerios with a few coloured blissfully sweet loops thrown in for good measure.

My mum used to buy a box of Fruit Loops, empty half of it into a secret container and fill the rest of the bag with Cheerios. She'd shake it up and we kids would be none the wiser. It wasn't until one day I was foraging and discovered the secret canister of pure Fruit Loops that I knew the truth!

So cereal mixing was ingrained in me before I even knew it was possible!

And who could forget

-

which is an insane pun, both because Jacqueline Onassis was known as "Jackie O" (which sounds close to "Cheerios') and because Marge Simpson's maiden name is Bouvier, the same as Jacqueline Onassis' maiden name before she married that Kennedy guy.

Aloha,

Brad

:Dha ha...cereal layering....I have been known to layer the cereal from time to time. Cheerios and shreddies are a good combo but our friend is right about the cheerios on top. You kind of want to dig down to the shreddies first though 'cause when they get soggy....yuck...I find it best to giver a bit more cheerio than shreddie to avoid soggy shreddie........

Three layers....egads it never occured to me to go the distance.....albeit I can see how a nice top layer of Captin' crunch could be tasty.

What about a layer of chopped banana under the crunch? ....mmmmmmm cereal...... [Razz]

Archived