Jambands.ca

Question on Phish download

Vermontdave

This Question might be kinda dumb, but I'm out of the loop when it comes to things computer. I'd like to buy/d.l. some of the recent shows, but I have a dial-up modem with a slow connection. Does that meen that it would take all day to download one show? Just consider this computer science 101. Peace

According to the FAQ on the site even the MP3's would take 12 hours:

"Can I use a dial-up modem or do I need a cable modem or DSL?

The rule of thumb is the faster the better. You can download shows from livephish.com on a dial-up modem, but it may take about 12 hours or more for one show in standard MP3 format. On a cable modem or DSL it typically takes between 15 minutes to a half-hour to download a show in MP3 format."

That means the .shn's would take even longer...if you go to the FAQ section there is actually a lot of good info...

mike

phish online definately favours high speed connections.

sci on the road and PJ series, they still produced the cd's for about the same price as Phish. PJ a little cheaper still. Phish ya gotta download them, and do the fabricating. Hopefully in the near future, Phish will consider making this purchase and ship option.

Plus, if you want a nice clean copy, you will have to reset all the sector boundaries, as phish had/has/or doesn't care about them.

Before you burn, make sure ALL tracks are split on sector boundaries.

Anyways, get a friend to download them for ya.

Archived