Jambands.ca

What ever happened to Freeway Band?

weezy

I'm sure one of you Ottawinniannz or Kingstoned-ianz would know this - When I lived in Ottawa, I used to go see these guys all the time - They were cool guys too - Bo and Mike - I haven't been back for a while - Remember their song "Cafe Phoenix"?

P.S. someone mentioned Lee Aaron in another post - she lives in Vancouver and sings lounge songs at a crappy bar near my house - has for at least 5 years now... she's now the "Lounge Queen" cool.gif" border="0

Back to Freeway...Bo and Mike both moved to Toronto and were playing together under a bunch of names (Fear & Loathing was one) and Dom (the drummer) eventually moved to Toronto too, though I don't think they play together. I'm not sure if Bo and Mike still play together or not, but one thing's for sure, Freeway rocked and there were few things as fun as going to one of their shows and hangin' with all the people that you'd see exclusively at Freeway shows.

Thanks for the info, Velvet. Damn straight... Going to see Freeway always rocked my world - They had such an original sound and great songs. I knew Mike from playing the open stage at the Whipping Post all the time when he was the host. Bo would show-up sometimes and they'd do their Fear and Loathing thing. I vote for a Freeway Band reunion.

As for Lee Aaron, I have yet to see her show - I lost interest after she strayed from her duties as Canada's METAL QUEEN.

blush.gif" border="0

I've got a lot less respect for Allanah Myles.

She was on TV earlier this year, singing Black Velvet. That was a minor hit like 12 years ago, and she looks like she's spent a few nights in alleys since the good ole days.

Black Velvet, and the little boys cryyyy..

When they see my skeletal corpse, and my sketchy sunken eyes..

alannah myles did something to piss moses off sometime cuz i saw her on speakers corner one day saying "i made a new album and the single was even written by christopher ward and for some reason they won't play it on much music... i'm canadian content, why won't they play it?"

like talk about weak... she really does look like she's done too much coke though eh?