Jambands.ca

nero log, stardate 122901

Velvet

nero @ The Planet, Halifax NS

Awright, my birthday show! nero's first time in the great city of Halifax, and playing a great room to boot. Cavernous arched ceiling and a bar in the middle of the room. And the band room would win an award. A pretty good crowd came out for this one, including a table full of Indonesian fishermen, who spent their one night in Canada watching nero. Everybody was totally into the show but nobody danced. The people at this show just sat and stared at the band, and with good reason. This was hands down the best show of the tour, likely the best overall show I've seen them play. The second set included a nice Carol of Bells and the third straight best Condor I've heard. The last three nights nero played 20-25 minute Condor's and each one had a totally different feel and each one was amazing. They played Peaches again and just nailed it.

It was also during the second set that they announced that it was my birthday. As if I wasn't drunk enough already, about eight million people bought me drinks. Bless them east coasters. Can't say much about the rest of the evening, though I'm pretty sure I wasn't driving. The gods had mercy on my sorry carcass and I woke up without a hangover, which was good ‘cuz the four of us spent the next day (off) at my parents place. I think they think I'm a respectable adult. Or something.

Quote of the Day: (to pizza guy?) "Is this enough?"

Nice. Sounds dangerous though, having your birthday announced to a bunch of drunken fisherman.

Carol of Bells, that's what it's called. H was telling me how much she loved that at Babylon for the christmas bash, but I couldn't come up with what it was called.

Thanks for the logs, captain.