Jambands.ca

Hop On Board With Bullfrog

Harpua

Canadian hip-hop/groove sextet Bullfrog leap into the new year with a 12-date tour of the States. Ohio hosts the band's first date February 26, with Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts all getting in on the action, which continues until April 13.

Flying low under the buzz radar since their 1994 start, Bullfrog have earned a steady following thanks to their consistent touring. They've shared stages with such varied artists like Maceo Parker and Medeski Martin & Wood, and developed a reputation as an energetic and entertaining live act along the way.

Member Kid Koala, a renown DJ whose work includes collaborations with the Gorillaz and Deltron 3030 as well as solo stints, says, "We were conceived as a live act. The band works really well together on stage and that's the reason we've weathered all this time together."

After seven years together, Bullfrog released their debut album last October. The long awaited self-titled LP is a re-recorded compilation of the group's first two EPs and features several new tracks.

Following the release of their album, Bullfrog hit out with a tour of North America, which included several shows on a double-bill with DJ Logic and The New Deal.

-source Pollstar.com

i love seeing those guys...but i'm always a buit let down when they never take their groove to the nevt level...definitely not a band that is up for forging new musical tools on the stage.

it's too bad...the band is so great and they never let themselves show it like they could. I'd email them or write them but that would be really rude. they're all busy and that's one more thing they don't need...some college student with criticism...Oh well. I guess i'll just have to see gruvasylum, jomomma, and the new deal this month to ease my suffering...anyone going to galactic on the 5th?

i'm really thinking about it. I hope people go.

i don't want to be the only one there that I know. I'd feel almost selfish...like i was the only one that could be there...anyhow, cheers. i'm off to class.