Jambands.ca

Tuesday Nights in TO

CyberHippie

Hey for those living in the Toronto area, now that the Holidays are over The Smoothies have returned to their tuesday night gigs at the Orbit Room. Your in for some great funk/groove/psychedelic rock. Go check it out before the bar starts charging a cover.

Band usually goes on around 10:30 and play a couple sets winding up around 1:30 depending on the crowds energy...

See music!

Glad you enjoyed! I figured most people here would enjoy them. They're from the Niagara area so it's taking them a little time to build up a fanbase in the Toronto area, so every extra person helps!

They are indeed tight and funky, they get the groove down pretty good. The one that never fails to blow me away is their cover of "Green Eye'd Lady", and with that hammond, oh man!

A post script if I may...If you're gonna be in Toronto on a Monday night go to the Orbit Room and check out The Sisters Euclid (featuring Kevin Breit on guitar). You're mind might really get blown. Mine does every time I drive down for it. Kevin played a great show in Guelph in September with Bill Frisell. Hope they make an album together, they're pretty much my two favorite guitar players (yeah yeah, Trey's in there too).