Jambands.ca

experimenting with acid jazz

PassedOutGuy

Hey all,

Lately ive been looking into some different genres of music and have been finding some stuf that i would highly recommend everyone check out for a different vibe or chillout feel to it... people have spoken highly of DJ Food and i will deffinately back that up.. the album Refried Food is a gem... deffinately a setbreak chillout feel... as well i would highly recommend DJ Smash, St Germain, as well as The Poets of rhythm... if any of you know of or could recommend any other acts such as this it would be appreciated... stay kind ya'll

I recently received a CD in the mail from my bro who lives in Australia. The band is called Didjibyte, disc is Dreambones. It's an extremly hot blend of techno beats and didji's, hand drums, and throat singing. It's very cool, spacy and spooky, not jazzy, but definetly cool.

alkaline - big sugar remixing their songs dubwise

inner circle/fatman riddim section - heavyweight dub/killer dub

chicago underground duo - 12 degrees of freedom(post rock meets free jazz(very chicago style))

charlie haden/egberto gismonti(avant garde jazz) in montreal

ron carter - when skies are grey (jazz)

I know this was for acid jazz/electronica but if you get a chance give these albums a listen for a DIFFERENT chillout experience.

If you are into the laid back techno feel of dj food etc. i'ld have to recommend Kruder and Dorfmeister...some really chill but incredibly groovy techno. Their album "the kruder and dorfmeister sessions" is one of my all time favs to kick back to and mellow out when i'm trying to chill but still riding the groove from a hard night of partying. I'ld also recommend Dub Tribe's album Bryant Street. So funky and just all round wicked. Probably my favourite album for sexin'(that maybe a little more info necessary, but true). All the Mushroom Jazz series are pretty fun tunes as well.