Jambands.ca

Anyone see Al from Moe. on Tues?

jaybone

Just wondering if anyone from T-dot checked out the Al Schneir show at the Comfort Zone on Tuesday? I really wanted to go but my schedule wouldn't allow it. Give me some news here kids. Sounded like a pretty different kind of evening. I love all of Al's textured wierd shit he does with Moe. so I'm curious what his solo stuff is like.

At first when I walked in I didn't know what to make of all the computer equipment. But I gotta say, once I stepped outside and burned I came back into a musical playground! It definetly wasn't something to dance too though, I found it was very mentally stimulating as opposed to physically stimulating. Just sit back and soak it all in! That being said though there were a few songs that I could totally see 100's of bodies grooving hard too in some crazy club, in one big mass movement of bodies... Cool stuff, gotta be in the right frame of mind though. I'd see him again.

To pin it down the best comparison I could make would be sort of a Floyd/Devo mixture, for the new millenium...