Jambands.ca

Weekend dreaming and Half-time atrocities.

gentlemonkey

It's Wednesday!! Time to start talking about it.

No shows eh? Has anyone heard of anything?

I guess SUper bowl is going down. The best part of Super Bowl are the horrendous preformances at half-time. The Britney Spears/N Synch/Aerosmith version of Walk this way had me weeping tears of urine.

Whats everyone's dream super bowl half time supergroup? This year, I hope they surprise me with..

Kid Rock/Ricky Martin/Rita MacNeil's version of "we didn't start the fire"..

grin.gif" border="0

April Wine plays Barrymores Friday... hahahahahaha... sadly that is the best thing to do here this weekend. Saving up for Galactic!

Superbowl halftime show has been changed... new booking just announced

CHEESECAKE!! for halftime festivities and The Sloth to sing the anthem solo, he is the only one who knows the words and the rest of us can't be bothered to learn them

98% cheese

2% cake

Is April Wine really sold out!??! I mean, c'mon, the only original member is the guitar tech! These guys were has-beens 20 years ago, and in their prime they'd be lucky to sell out the Moncton Coliseum! Sure, I'll admit I took a bite outta the old nostalgia biscuit a few years ago and actually saw these guys in Ottawa at some festival or another. I had an open mind (okay, I was actually looking forward to it a little bit) and it was real, real bad. What made it worse was that people were loving it. Okay, the 'loving it' crowd had acid-washed jeans permanently tattooed to their legs, but still, have some integrity people! They can't even accurately play their records, and they've had 25 years to learn 'em.

My god, it must be embarrassing to be in April Wine.

Call me a sicko but I just had a really funny mental image: April Wine and Loverboy both stop their vans at a Sloppy Ron's on the 401 and have a pathetic fight over the last 'Hot Apple Pie'. A fight that is really just an extension of their rock and roll frustrations. Not really funny unless you see it just as I'm seeing it, which involves Mike Reno being really, really fat. And angry at being a living joke.

HAhahha. is april wine the band responsible for 'bliinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche, you know the runner in the night.."

I also just thought of that Tom Green sketch where he's at the tulip festival watching April WIne and going fucking crazy.. that was one of his best ever segments. standing behind the old lady slapping his knees.. HAHAH!! Go take a flying fuck.

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

HAhahha. is april wine the band responsible for 'bliinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche, you know the runner in the night.."

Nope, that was originally a Bruce Springsteen song; the version most people know is a cover version by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

Aloha,

Brad, who saw Loverboy in '86 (on a triple bill with BTO and Van Halen) and hated every second of their show

Cheesecake will rise above all of your petty commentary. We're taking the boy band to strange, some might say innovative, new places. For those thinking that Cheesecake will not make it off the ground I say this: We will remember the nay-sayers in the near future, when Cheesecake rules supreme over pop-minded individuals, and the mountains come crashing down under the weight of our over-sized egos. These nay-sayers will bow to the wind the foreruns our arrival like wax melts under the heat of a candle flame. In time they will realize that Cheesecake is not merely every person's boy band, it is the world's new hyper-religion, transcending all of those other wacky traditions and delivering the believers into a state of supreme nirvana that involves cream cheese, sugar and some kind of nut topping.

Yours,

The fourth member of Cheesecake,

Apple and Caramel with Walnuts

WORD!

Got that right homes....

Quit your fucking day jobs.....

Focus on your craft.... 2 times...

Make the fucking commitment...... get up everyday at the crack of noon.... deep knee rock squats...9 of them.. at a fucking clip

Only thing that really matters is a classical sauce.

The world's new hyper-religion.... that's right Jack! Everything else is now obsolete! Toss your turbins and burn your bibles!!

For those who don't believe.... punishments will be created and enforced!

I don't get it. Why don't they just get Lesh and Friends up there doing Liberty? Instead, they get Paul "Angela Lansbury" McCartney cheesing it up with Freedom.

I am respectable towards Paul, except that he really can be very cheesy, and he does look exactly like Angela Lansbury these days, or any old british lady that was in bedknobs and broomsticks.

Don't believe me? have a look....

jc_al.jpg

mccartney_narrowweb__300x429,0.jpg