Jambands.ca

the song I long for today

Ever have those days where one song can make the difference? Where a crappy or difficult time can be turned around by the perfect tune? I think mine is Weather Report Suite...perfect tune to help make decisions....the perfect tune to relax too,,,damn just too good. Anyone elso got one of those songs that just works every time?

quote:

http:

Metallica Master of Puppets when im mad

if im so mad i'm nutz though, it's gotta be Quadrophenia

if i'm just sad Tea for the Tillerman or even American Pie (Album, don mclean, not the soundtrack for the movie) just cuz the songs are so pretty they cheer me up.

the supremes cheer me up too big time.

down by the schoolyard....

The other day, I put on the Steal Your Face album ... there's something about that recording that brought back the shivers of enjoyment.. Especially the Black Throated Wind...

Also, Stella Blue - it may not be the cheeriest of tunes, but it's an easy one to get lost in.

And, of course, Unbroken Chain.

Wow, Metallica....Best aggresive driving album...Kill 'em all!!!

But when I want a good cheering up...

Men at Work...He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich And he said,

"I come from a land down under

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover."

Reasons why...

1. Vegemite sandwich...

2. I would love to see a man chunder!!!

Puts a smile on my face everytime!

This morning I awoke to CKCU playing Funkytown, by Lipps Inc. Wow, did that make my day.

If I'm in the car and Panama by VH comes on, I pull over. If I don't I will get a speeding ticket, guaranteed.

If I really want a good morning, I put on Picture of Nectar, really loud. Good thing I got good neighbors.

The live Cortez The Killer off of Weld did it for me today.. smile.gif" border="0 Today is moving day for me - I've found a new room to rent here in Golden BC. All I've got though is a big huuuuuge backpack and my snowboard bag so it should be a breeze. Anyone out there ever been to Golden? (sorry to get off topic eh)

lovely day -bill withers.. i keep suggesting this to bands with vocals, and a taste for funk, but they all think its cheesy.. fuck that!!

golden slumbers medley is special to me too bouche. many a buzzed mime preformed to that.

here i go again -whitesnake

ridiculous, but puts me in a good mood everytime

St Augustine -moe. is there a better feel good song? maybe.

character zero and Lizards also get me excited.

-kevo, never been to golden- will be in may.

Does everyone know the "Fallout from the Philzone" disc? If not find it...immediatly! Sweet collection of rare nuggets hand picked by Phil. The "Hard to Handle" on disc two has got to be one of the most jumpin recordings ever. You can tell that their playin' for a small crowd, but are they ever diggin it, seriously pumped folks. No other tune/recording gets me smilin and groovin harder than this one! grin.gif" border="0

karma police..."for a minute there...i lost myself"--helps me find myself sometimes blush.gif" border="0

driving tunes--killer cars makes me drive slower (bottoming out at aboot 150km/hr)

while weekapaugh is good up to 2oo+km/hr

if you just want to fall on your face, you can always listen to darkstar or andre jabber on for a while wink.gif" border="0