Jambands.ca

another cool music fest this summer

SaggyBalls

Hey folks...my friend laura told me about an awesome music festival with multiple stages...think Come Together but more secretive and slightly more party-people oriented...

that's right a bit electronic. I think the jam scene and the rave scene should try to sync up every so often to create a really great scene for happy, open minded individuals that just like to have a good time. OM is not about getting fucked up on extacy and picking fights...it's supposed to be about having a blast and meeting great people - something we all seem to enjoy.

I know Nero would go over sooo well there, as would many other bands...Anyone interested should go to this fest.

OM summer solstice festival cool.gif" border="0

I've heard nothing but great things about this festival. I have lots of friends who have been, but I've yet to make it. I agree that the jam and electronic scene should make the effort to meld a little more. Nothing but interesting music and a more diverse group of like minded heads could result. Om is usually a 3 day party with lots of love and communal themes (including vegan kitchens where you pay what you can). The festival seems to be just small enough to stay under the legal and bad vibe radar.

Thanks for the heads up on this festival, and I agree that "jam scene and the rave scene should try to sync up every so often to create a really great scene for happy, open minded individuals that just like to have a good time." Musically, I definitely see/hear some of the jam bands moving in a direction that I think ravers would really like. Certainly nero, Jomomma, and the Jimmy Swift Band are 3 bands that I've seen in the last month that I think would have some appeal to people from the rave scene.

That's my $0.02

Peace, Mark

There were two other festivals last Summer that I never heard anything about after they had happened... One was Hempfest 2001 which was way up near Sault Ste. Marie, and there was one more which I can't remember the name of right now... It was another weed-focused weekend which had just as many dj's as it did bands, and it also had a contest for the best buds, had tons of bong giveaways and stuff.. Anyone know what I'm talkin' about? Both were listed on my site.

Hempfest 2001 Website