Jambands.ca

survey: what's the scariest film you've ever seen?!

zimmerman

I just got back from watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre; haven't seen it since I was a kid (after I saw "Summer School").

Dude, that movie is seriously messed up! There's this creepy sense of southern americana realism that permeates, which really pays off in the fright department, 10-fold! I remember when I used to work at the video store, I couldn't understand those customers who would pledge allegiance to the movie. Now after seeing it again, there's no doubt in my mind that it's a bluprint for a majority of horror/suspense films to come out afterwards.

how about you?

Hard to limit it to one, so here goes: Exorcist, Jaws (I was like 9 or somethin when I saw these two for the first time). The finale of Silence of the Lambs always gets me,and I gotta say that Blair Witch freaked me deeply. And for an honorable mention "The Changeling", it's actually Canadian made, stars George C. Scott...really spooky.

I'm pretty sure that the very first Nightmare on Elm Street scared the bejeezuz out of me.

I don't think that I've been scared too badly by any movies since, although, I could probably watch the exorcist now and get really freaked.

I think the Omen I and II, and amityville horror freaked me out too.

Hmmmm... I remember being scared senseless during Amityville Horror and the draggin body-bag scene in Nightmare on Elm St. 1....but I'd have to say that 'The Changeling' scared the shit out of me-that part near the end where the lady goes into the creepy mansion to the hidden room up in the attic, with the "John, is that you? I don't want to come up there" and the wheelchair turns around and chases her down the steps. Shit-yer-pants scary that was.

I love horror movies though, from Campy(Evil Dead 1) to gross(Dead Alive) to crazy (Hellraiser 1) to crappy (Redneck Zombies)

i still watch my taped copy of IT once a year or so -- thats tim curry playing pennywise, but if you really want to see him EVIL check him out as the demon in Legend ... he was brilliant in that

My absolute favourite BAD horror movie is Burnt Offerings -- it plays on the drive in station a lot lately and i just love it cuz it's soooo bad.

(it also has an old lady in an attic in a wheelchair! ) Stars Bette Davis