Jambands.ca

Maritimers..... Any help?!?!?!

Northern Wish

Hey any Maritimers out there, who haven't yet been contacted???

I am moving out to St John in about 2 weeks, and need some advice. We are looking at housing etc. and are wondering about the best places to live in town, where the bars are, how transport is (both public and roads since we have a car), local recreation or conservation areas, live music venues etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we are really under the gun and are looking for some first hand opinions.

Please help us out with any info you may have on locations to live, job opportunities, or the locale of your local "party supplier".

Peace in the east!

Sean

Dude, sorry I can't help either, all I know is that the new place for live music is called The Waterfront now that the Brickyard has closed down. I don't know anything about housing or public transit, sorry. There's lots of good kids around though, and good beer. Good luck...

Take care of your shoes....

Hey there, I've been hesitant to respond to your post, cause well, I lived there one summer and,I sorta, kinda, well to be honest I had a pretty shitty experience. But in hindsight I was shacked up with a psycho ex-girlfriend (and her Mom), living in a shitty part of town, and working for the evil empire that is well you know who (just about everyone else there works for them as well).

However, as I reflect...O'Leary's Pub is a great place in the city, good open-Mike nights where I always heard some Dead, Dylan and other heady tunes played very well. St.John and the rest of N.B. is in fact a very heady place, good folks all over, St.Andrews is close to your destination, and very beautiful, good folks, whale watching, good hiking. Fundy National Park, also close to SJ is one of my favourite Parks. Oh yeah, Cherry Brook Zoo in SJ area has a really cool monkey...did I just say that? Whatever, its true!

And finally I would have to say that SJ has got some fantastic restaurants for a city of its size. Samosas, and "Whale Salad" at the city market are a must. "Incredible Edibles" next to O'Leary's is very fine.

So, sorry this took so long, I guess it wasn't such a horrible experience after all. Also the Irving Nature Park is a nice little wilderness escape that is very accessible, great seal watching! Peace. smile.gif" border="0

You know the direct connection to St. John is Grand Theft Bus. Tim Walker and his girlfriend, as well as most or all of the band members live there. They'd be good to talk to and I could give them a buzz for you if you like drop me a line by email and I'll look into it.