Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

reba

Ive had several dreams where I've been on a ride.. like one of those obnoxious exhibition rides that go in a circle with bad metal playing. and then go backwards. except its always really high.. then it releases me and i have a great view of the fair as i soar, until i plummet to the ground. usually into shrubbery.. how about that symbolism.

ps. reba, i like your hair the way it is.

Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming of lying in bed really, really, buzzed. Then I realize I just haven't fallen to sleep yet.

But seiously folks, when I was younger I had a recurring dream of falling THROUGH an apartment building, able to see into the apts. and therefore, lives of the residents. I would then land in a giant's hand which would then throw me, as you'd throw a theatre-style nut, into his mouth and eat me. Someone once told me that I must have unresolved issues with my father because the giant was bearded like my dad and a lot bigger than me. I don't particularly believe this. Being eaten didn't really scare me, and I kind of liked looking at the people having dinner and such as they swooshed by.

Cool question, I hadn't thought of that dream in a while.

I have this reaccuring dream....that I shrink really small and start venturing around my bedroom....I always make it over to the heating duct and fall through.....I slide and slide downwards as I get near the bottom I hear crazy laughter....ha ha ha ha ha and so on. I can make out a monster or something that looks like a cross between a furnace....and those big things from fraggle rock. Then I wake up.

I also have this really boring golf dream going on lately.....18 holes of really boring golf....hmmmmm. Als I like to dream that if I concentrated really hard I can make myself invisible. Good topic! Mike

Lately, most of my dreaming has been less than memorable.

I occasionally have moments of lucidity. Not nearly as frequent as in the past, but that is most likely from having a sleep scheduled around the 9-5 life.

I think the most common affect of that, in becoming aware that I am asleep, was proving it by flying through my wall and outside.

I'd never end up anywhere very familiar to me, but everything is always so intense.

What eventually started happening to me was when I could start to feel myself crossing over into that subconscious place, and I was completely conscious of it, I would begin to hear something telling me to go back. Like something was trying to freak me out and keep me from becoming lucid. I think, in that state, your mind is very subjective, and even though there really isn't anything there, it's hard to keep yourself from believing that there is, so you wake up and lose the state and experience.

If you haven't investigated lucid dreaming, you really should. There are real techniques that people use to get themselves there.

You can fall asleep, and enter a lucid state, wake up 20 minutes later, and feel like you've slept for 8 hours.

Follow some links and read..

Speaking of dreaming, has anyone seen Waking Life?I saw it last week and if you are into dreaming and the philosophy of dreams or just want to see some crazy visuals (they animated over live action film), see this flick immediately.

My own dreams are manic and plentiful. As far as flying goes, I've always had the falling dreams but ever since I was a little kid, I'll do the falling but it's like I have a parachute and land perfectly. The ones I hate are the ones where I fall asleep then dream I can't move my body, so I panic and try to fight my way back to reality but everything is super-slo-mo and then I wake up. I step outside my room to find...my apartment is wrong. Rise, repeat about ten more times like some Russian doll until finally I'm awake but distrust reality for the next day or so.

One more dream related thread...anyone read Sandman here? This is a conversation that would make Morpheus proud!

Guest Low Roller

I once rewinded an entire dream while still dreaming. I didn't like the way things were going and decided to change them from the beginning (characters, situations, etc...).

Returning to the original question, I don't think we should think of a "norm" for dreams. Everyone has a certain slant on reality, and that is expressed in their dreams.

Ok its a dumb question, and a little personal maybe, but...

you know how they say people dream they're flying?

i dont dream i'm flying, but rather sometimes swinging on trapeses jumping from one to the next, and sometimes i dream that i'm tumbling like a gymnast (past life impressions? maybe wink.gif" border="0 )

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else else gets these types of freakish slants to the norm....

do you dream you are flying? swimming?

do you ever dream that you are falling and then jump in bed when you land?

i definitely have dreams where i can forecast the future. i've started to notice this lately, and it's pretty freaky IMO.

Also, has anyone ever met anyone they've lost in a dream? that's creepy shit too. my aunt is totally into all this shit, as well as everything else that has to do with the matrix, collective consciousness, earth's magnetics etc...and she has a weird thing going on with her camera...these little spots show up in her pictures that look like a planet or somehting from far away...on closer inspection (when you flip the contrast and stuff) they look like a bight sun??? she sent in her camera, and they tried averything to fix it. these spots do not show up in every shot, probably 10-15 out of 60. so we did some research on this, and apparently it is a phenomena around the globe. it has to do with lost spirits, and the advanced soul, and people trying to reach you etc. kind've weird but if you have an open mind it can make sense. i forget the web page we were checking it out on, but i'll get it next time i'm at her place in TO and put it up.

anyone else get weird spots in their pictures? or any supernatural activity going on?

I've always felt that those spots have nothing to do with anything supernatural. The fact is, the medium just records light and then reproduces it on photo paper.

Different wavelengths associated with the paranormal cannot be seen by our real eyes, so therefore they can't be seen by film. If the film could record wierd shit, then at least the paper wouldn't be able to reproduce it.

I just figure that stuff is an unrelated mystery.