Jambands.ca

daily question

h

1) Favourite method of transportation?

(ok i'm making these up off the top of my head here folks, bear with me)

do you like a vw van-full-o'-friends ?

or a jet plane?

a quiet train ride alone with your walkman?

any thoughts here?

2) Favourite Trip (yes i know this opens up a full favourite concert debate, but i was wondering if somebody particularly enjoyed say, greece for instance)

3) Any particularly scintilating moment from that trip you care to share?

Favorite ride: Van-ride to Albany to see the Dead in 93' 7 guys. We all dropped acid while in the line at the border - got pulled over - was trippin' heavy before they were done searching the van. Then I managed to navigate us 3 hours in the wrong direction - we had to drive through a farmers field to get back on the right road.

Favorite trip: see above

pacting.gif

a) I actually like walking a lot. It may not be the best way to get between places/cities, but once you're in a place/city, it's a great way to get to see what's there.

B) I did a month in Europe in Sept./Oct., and it was a blast (do a Sancutary search on "foreign correspondence" for some of my reports from the field). I also did two weeks in Japan (with my brother, who lives there), and it was almost as cool.

c) One afternoon in Toulouse, France (which will show up in the search mentioned above) just about blew my circuits. It made me realize that, rather than me coincidentally finding magical stuff, there's magical stuff happening all over the place, and I just have to get tuned into it.

Aloha,

Brad

1) I like my own personal jetpack to get around. Saw one in UK Maxim I think...60,000 pounds...

2)Favourite trip would have to be the time I went to Vanier.

3)I remember I saw alot of hookers on that day...Boy, what a trip...

Okay I`m just joking...You see I don`t travel that much...The furthest I have ever gone to see a show was Toronto to see Phish. I have never stepped foot in the States. What am I missing?

hmm. i like a car/van/4by with 2 or 3 buddies nd enough things to amuse.

my last fave trips have all involved me going back to the homelands and seeing shows.

sept 99. flew from oakland to seattle, rented one of those ford rangers with a buddy. drove up to vancouver for 9/9/99 and bought 3 cases of molson (each). had a blast at the show (first one since 1996) and then brought all those beers back across and flew em back to w.c. still have 1 can in the icebox.

march 01. flew from sfo to burlington vt. got in a car and drove up to my grandparents in sainte foy. snagged my passport, and bot a pair of graf's. played some shinny at my old rink with some 12-15 year old kids. took a stick to the grill and got a tooth knocked out. drove to montreal and had inner at the Queen Elizabeth hotel, followed by a raging nite on rue st. denis. the next day, drove very hung over to burlington, saw amphibian at higher ground and ws so close to trey when he sat in i could see that he needed to clean his nails.

All 3 relate to the same trip for me....Fall '99 me and 3 buddies bought a big, sweet 1980 Vandura van, complete with the captain's chairs, shag carpet, and couch that folded out into a bed. We left after my last band's final gig, a Hallowe'en weekend gig at the Tidal Pool in St. Andrew's(one of my favourite places in the world). Anyway, drove right across Canada staying with friends and family in most major centres, as well as just pulling over and sleeping in the van a few times( and barbequeing hamburgers in a bear warning zone in Jasper). Then headed down the west coast, did Seattle, San Fran, L.A., Vegas, Grand Canyon, then across to San Antonio. Left the van and took a bus to Acapulco for a week(the bus ride was definitely not a highlight), but stopped in Monterrey, Mexico to see Santana. Back to San Antonio then up to Dallas to see Lynryd Skynyrd and ZZTop....over to Memphis, then Georgia, then of course, Big Cypress for NYE. Headed back up the east coast, myself and another buddy got out in Washington and took a train to Chicago. Stayed 2 weeks before taking a bus to Detroit to see opening night of CSN&Y. Then a bus home.... lots of wicked, wicked times, but I guess the best part was Big Cypress, I particularly liked the afternoon set 12/31/99 (Runaway Jim, Funky Bitch), I guess because I was almost at the front of the stage. Whew, and that's my blabber for the day.

Guest Low Roller

Can dreaming be considered a form of transportation? If yes, then there is nothing I prefer more. If we are to stick to the traditional sense of the word, then hiking would probably the tops. I differentiate hiking from walking simply because of one simple fact. Walking usually leads to going from one familiar place to another (car to home, home to grocery store, whatever...), but hiking usually involves heading into the unknown. Way more fun.

Favorite trip has to be Holland this past summer. Not for the reasons that everybody would suspect though. I enjoyed it because it was a complete break from the norm for me, and a break from the routine I had established for myself. Since then there has been no routine. My mind began evolving during this trip and has been continually evolving since.