Jambands.ca

Subway

c-towns

I think the sub conglomerates (ie: subway and mr. sub) have gone way down hill.

You pay a ton, for crap!

I was in Killarney this summer, and got an assorted sub from this little mom and pop stand, and it was the best sub I've had in years! The key is how good the bread is, and how thin the lettuce is!

And that's all I got to say about that!

A few years back I banned myself from subway because of their ludicrous pricing. I mean, a sub, a pop and a bag of chips runs you over $9. You may as well go and sit down at East Side Mario's with prices like that. But after 3 years of the ban, I got a job and the only restaurant available is Subway, so I'm back on the train, but I only get the veggie sub. On the veggie sub note, did anybody else notice the price went up from $4.82 with tax to $5.16 with tax? Those money grubbing bastards! [Mad]

For a while the Subway down the street was giving out free coffees with the purchase of any sandwich, and also the newspapers are free.. So for under $2 we were able to get a veggie rounder, a coffee and a newspaper! Pretty sweet if you ask me. Now the coffee bit has been taken away but its still pretty good. I sometimes ask for the old-style cut and they usually do it.

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

I like the BLT but I never get enough bacon (mmmm bacon) I also love the veggie sub so to solve this problem, I order a BLT and tell them to put all the bacon on one half, pure genius I tell you what....

I don't know if it's still this way, but it used to be cheaper to get a veggie sub and add bacon, than to get a blt. Silly loophole. I'm sure they've figured it out, then again who knows...

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

I like the BLT but I never get enough bacon (mmmm bacon) I also love the veggie sub so to solve this problem, I order a BLT and tell them to put all the bacon on one half, pure genius I tell you what....

I don't know if it's still this way, but it used to be cheaper to get a veggie sub and add bacon, than to get a blt. Silly loophole. I'm sure they've figured it out, then again who knows...

I was an employee of Subway for two days this year. Wasn't a fan of their chain, (possibly because i was fired after my second shift, and still have yet to be paid for my 10 hours of work). But I got some free subus which was sick. My boss was a dick though, and I always had to work with this little fat girl who never did any work and ordered everyone around. So one day when she was making herself a sub and wasn't looking, i threw a jalapeno pepper in her sub. OH YEAH GOT HER GOOD BOOYA!

cheese

Archived