Jambands.ca

need some advice about the wife

junkbondking

so i am interviewing for a job with canadian tire... just a phone interview first, then they will see if they want me enough to fly me out from cali.

it's in toronto, which is ok i guess... i'd rather live in montreal and the wife likes vancouver a lot more.

she's from the states, chinese-american, who speaks no french. she has also been unemployed for the last 6 months as she's in tech.

so for you torontonians....

is there an active/visible asian (chinese) community in toronto (we know one chinese person there already)

are there jobs for tech people there...

what is the neighboorhood that double income no kid professional couple live in.

ty

chris

Huge Chinese community in Toronto.(not as large as Vancouver)

Most DINKS live in the suburbs ,Etobicoke,Mississauga,which is about a 20 minute commute to the downtown core.

My boss used to work for Crappy Tire and tells me that they take care of their employees.

thanks harry. i pimp for chuck schwab now and would rather find my own foxhole at a large corporation.

missisauga sounds familiar....

the gig im interviewing for would help them get their online biz ready to go in the states. cuz as we all know, people in the states need stuff like curling stones, ice fishing huts, etc etc...

Toronto has: 400,000 Chinese ( as of 1999 census ); 3 Chinatowns ( Spadina & Dundas; Broadview & Gerrard; and in the town of Markham - not official ); Chinese schools; Chinese malls and theatres and lots of good restaraunts. Toronto is a great place to look for tech jobs too. Good luck with the Canadian Tire job.